Team interventions in acute hospital contexts: a systematic search of the literature using realist synthesis.
Local subject classificationteamwork
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTeam interventions in acute hospital contexts: a systematic search of the literature using realist synthesis. 2018, 18 (1):536 BMC Health Serv Res
PublisherBMC Health Services Research
JournalBMC health services research
AbstractThe advantage of using realist synthesis to extrapolate data from the literature is that it considers the context and mechanisms that will impact effectiveness of healthcare team interventions. This methodological approach provides a different perspective to other types of syntheses and offers insight as to why certain contextual elements may yield more success than others. Findings therefore tend to have more practical implications. Specificity of detail in terms of how external drivers impact on healthcare team interventions was limited in the articles extracted for analysis. This broader perspective is therefore an important consideration for future research.
- The Effectiveness of Integrated Care Pathways for Adults and Children in Health Care Settings: A Systematic Review.
- Authors: Allen D, Gillen E, Rixson L
- Issue date: 2009
- How has the impact of 'care pathway technologies' on service integration in stroke care been measured and what is the strength of the evidence to support their effectiveness in this respect?
- Authors: Allen D, Rixson L
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Health professionals' experience of teamwork education in acute hospital settings: a systematic review of qualitative literature.
- Authors: Eddy K, Jordan Z, Stephenson M
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Faculty development initiatives designed to promote leadership in medical education. A BEME systematic review: BEME Guide No. 19.
- Authors: Steinert Y, Naismith L, Mann K
- Issue date: 2012