Adrenal function in preterm infants undergoing patent ductus arteriosus ligation.
AffiliationDepartment of Paediatrics, Rotunda Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationHEART DEFECTS, CONGENITAL
Ductus Arteriosus, Patent
Infant, Premature, Diseases
Ventricular Dysfunction, Left
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEl-Khuffash, Afif et al. Adrenal function in preterm infants undergoing patent ductus arteriosus ligation. Neonatology. 2013, 104 (1):28-33
AbstractTargeted milrinone treatment for low left ventricular output (LVO) reduces the incidence of acute cardiorespiratory instability following ligation of patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) in preterm infants. Despite this, some infants continue to experience postoperative deterioration. Adrenal insufficiency related to prematurity has been postulated as a possible mechanism.
- Predictors of respiratory instability in neonates undergoing patient ductus arteriosus ligation after the introduction of targeted milrinone treatment.
- Authors: Ting JY, Resende M, More K, Nicholls D, Weisz DE, El-Khuffash A, Jain A, McNamara PJ
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Cardiovascular instability after patent ductus arteriosus ligation in preterm infants: the role of hydrocortisone.
- Authors: Satpute MD, Donohue PK, Vricella L, Aucott SW
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Coronary artery perfusion and myocardial performance after patent ductus arteriosus ligation.
- Authors: Sehgal A, McNamara PJ
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Use of targeted neonatal echocardiography to prevent postoperative cardiorespiratory instability after patent ductus arteriosus ligation.
- Authors: Jain A, Sahni M, El-Khuffash A, Khadawardi E, Sehgal A, McNamara PJ
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Non-invasive cardiac output monitoring in preterm infants undergoing patent ductus arteriosus ligation: a comparison with echocardiography.
- Authors: Weisz DE, Jain A, Ting J, McNamara PJ, El-Khuffash A
- Issue date: 2014