Effectiveness of autologous transfusion system in primary total hip and knee arthroplasty.
AuthorsSchneider, Marco M
Oloughlin, Padhraig F
AffiliationOrthopaedic Surgery, Helios ENDO-Klinik, Hamburg, Germany Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Traumatology and Sports Medicine, Cologne Merheim Medical Center, Witten/Herdecke University, Cologne, Germany.
Local subject classificationSURGERY, ORTHOPAEDIC
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSchneider MM et al. Effectiveness of autologous transfusion system in primary total hip and knee arthroplasty. 2014, 22 (1):123-8 Technol Health Care
PublisherTechnology and health care : official journal of the European Society for Engineering and Medicine
JournalTechnology and health care : official journal of the European Society for Engineering and Medicine
AbstractAutologous transfusion has become a cost-efficient and useful option in the treatment of patients with high blood loss following major orthopaedic surgery. However, the effectiveness of autologous transfusion in total joint replacement remains controversial.
- Clinical efficacy of postoperative autologous transfusion of filtered shed blood in hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Authors: Strümper D, Weber EW, Gielen-Wijffels S, Van Drumpt R, Bulstra S, Slappendel R, Durieux ME, Marcus MA
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Effectiveness of an autologous transfusion system following cemented and non-cemented revisions of total hip arthroplasty.
- Authors: Hawi N, Kendoff DO, Hessling U, Haasper C, Gehrke T, Citak M
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- [Multivariate analysis of blood loss during primary total hip or knee arthroplasty].
- Authors: Lošťák J, Gallo J, Mlčůchová D
- Issue date: 2013
- Influence of tranexamic acid on postoperative autologous blood retransfusion in primary total hip and knee arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Oremus K, Sostaric S, Trkulja V, Haspl M
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- An individualized pre-operative blood saving protocol can increase pre-operative haemoglobin levels and reduce the need for transfusion in elective total hip or knee arthroplasty.
- Authors: Gonzalez-Porras JR, Colado E, Conde MP, Lopez T, Nieto MJ, Corral M
- Issue date: 2009 Feb