Proliferative, reparative, and reactive benign bone lesions that may be confused diagnostically with true osseous neoplasms.
AffiliationDepartment of Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org. & Department of Pathology Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin 12
MeSHBone Cysts, Aneurysmal
Bone Diseases, Developmental
Bone Diseases, Metabolic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationProliferative, reparative, and reactive benign bone lesions that may be confused diagnostically with true osseous neoplasms. 2014, 31 (1):66-88 Semin Diagn Pathol
JournalSeminars in diagnostic pathology
AbstractDiagnostic problems attending intraosseous and parosteal pseudoneoplastic lesions can be radiographic, or histological, or both. Proliferations in this category may contain cellular fibro-osseous or chondro-osseous tissues that are difficult to separate microscopically from those seen in various true neoplasms of the bones. This review considers the clinicopathologic features of fibrous dysplasia, benign fibro-osseous lesions of the jawbones, osteofibrous dysplasia, metaphyseal fibrous defect, giant-cell reparative granuloma, "brown tumor" of hyperparathyroidism, synovial chondrometaplasia, aneurysmal bone cyst, tumefactive chronic osteomyelitis, proliferative Paget disease, and polyvinylpyrrolidone storage disease of bone.
- [Benign fibro-osseous lesions of the craniofacial complex with aneurysmal bone cyst formation].
- Authors: Geraldo AF, Mendes Dos Santos C, Tavares J, Fernandes Sousa R, Campos A, Farias JP, Pimentel J, Guedes Campos J
- Issue date: 2012
- Associated aneurysmal bone cyst and cemento-osseous dysplasia: a case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Jacomacci WP, Veloso Perdigão JP, Veltrini VC, Farah GJ, Tolentino ES, Vessoni Iwaki LC, Iwaki Filho L
- Issue date: 2017 Jan-Feb
- Classic adamantinoma with osteofibrous dysplasia-like foci and secondary aneurysmal bone cyst.
- Authors: Putnam A, Yandow S, Coffin CM
- Issue date: 2003 Mar-Apr
- Aneurysmal bone cyst of the fibula.
- Authors: Yu GV, Roth LS, Sellers CS
- Issue date: 1998 Sep-Oct
- [Benign tumours and tumour-like lesions of the bone : General treatment principles].
- Authors: Fritzsche H, Schaser KD, Hofbauer C
- Issue date: 2017 Jun