HLA-A*3101 and carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity reactions in Europeans.
Farrell, John J
Sills, Graeme J
de Bakker, Paul I W
Johnson, Michael R
O'Connor, Gerard D
Shianna, Kevin V
Radtke, Rodney A
Heinzen, Erin L
Park, B Kevin
Sisodiya, Sanjay M
Goldstein, David B
Cavalleri, Gianpiero L
AffiliationMolecular and Cellular Therapeutics, the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland.
European Continental Ancestry Group
Genome-Wide Association Study
Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHLA-A*3101 and carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity reactions in Europeans. 2011, 364 (12):1134-43 N. Engl. J. Med.
JournalThe New England journal of medicine
AbstractCarbamazepine causes various forms of hypersensitivity reactions, ranging from maculopapular exanthema to severe blistering reactions. The HLA-B*1502 allele has been shown to be strongly correlated with carbamazepine-induced Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (SJS-TEN) in the Han Chinese and other Asian populations but not in European populations.
- Genotype-phenotype association between HLA and carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity reactions: strength and clinical correlations.
- Authors: Hsiao YH, Hui RC, Wu T, Chang WC, Hsih MS, Yang CH, Ho HC, Chang YG, Chen MJ, Lin JY, Chen DP, Chang PY, Wu TL, Hung SI, Chung WH
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Genetic susceptibility to carbamazepine-induced cutaneous adverse drug reactions.
- Authors: Hung SI, Chung WH, Jee SH, Chen WC, Chang YT, Lee WR, Hu SL, Wu MT, Chen GS, Wong TW, Hsiao PF, Chen WH, Shih HY, Fang WH, Wei CY, Lou YH, Huang YL, Lin JJ, Chen YT
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Recommendations for HLA-B*15:02 and HLA-A*31:01 genetic testing to reduce the risk of carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity reactions.
- Authors: Amstutz U, Shear NH, Rieder MJ, Hwang S, Fung V, Nakamura H, Connolly MB, Ito S, Carleton BC, CPNDS clinical recommendation group.
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Association between HLA-B*1502 allele and antiepileptic drug-induced cutaneous reactions in Han Chinese.
- Authors: Man CB, Kwan P, Baum L, Yu E, Lau KM, Cheng AS, Ng MH
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Association between HLA-B Alleles and Carbamazepine-Induced Maculopapular Exanthema and Severe Cutaneous Reactions in Thai Patients.
- Authors: Sukasem C, Chaichan C, Nakkrut T, Satapornpong P, Jaruthamsophon K, Jantararoungtong T, Koomdee N, Sririttha S, Medhasi S, Oo-Puthinan S, Rerkpattanapipat T, Klaewsongkram J, Rerknimitr P, Tuchinda P, Chularojanamontri L, Tovanabutra N, Puangpetch A, Aekplakorn W
- Issue date: 2018