AffiliationDepartment Trauma & Orthopaedics, Galway University Hospital, Newcastle Rd, Galway
Health Services Accessibility
Outpatient Clinics, Hospital
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
Citation'Ready-access' CT imaging for an orthopaedic trauma clinic. 2011, 104 (3):81-3 Ir Med J
JournalIrish medical journal
Abstract'Ready-Access' to CT imaging facilities in Orthopaedic Trauma Clinics is not a standard facility. This facility has been available at the regional trauma unit, in Merlin Park Hospital, Galway for the past four years. We reviewed the use of this facility over a 2-year period when 100 patients had CT scans as part of their trauma clinic assessment. The rate of CT scan per clinic was 0.6. The mean waiting time for a CT scan was 30 minutes. 20 (20%) new fractures were confirmed, 33 (33%) fractures were out-ruled, 25 (25%) fractures demonstrated additional information and 8 (8%) had additional fractures. 20 (20%) patients were discharged and 12 (12%) patients were admitted as a result of the CT scan. It adds little time and cost to CT scanning lists.
- Patterns of CT use and surgical intervention in upper limb periarticular fractures at a level-1 trauma centre.
- Authors: Lumsdaine W, Enninghorst N, Hardy BM, Balogh ZJ
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Time to computed tomography scanning for major trauma patients: the Australian reality.
- Authors: Easton R, Sisak K, Balogh ZJ
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- The utility of the pelvic radiograph in the assessment of pediatric pelvic fractures.
- Authors: Guillamondegui OD, Mahboubi S, Stafford PW, Nance ML
- Issue date: 2003 Aug
- Repeated computed tomographic scans in transferred trauma patients: Indications, costs, and radiation exposure.
- Authors: Jones AC, Woldemikael D, Fisher T, Hobbs GR, Prud'homme BJ, Bal GK
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Airway, breathing, computed tomographic scanning: duplicate computed tomographic imaging after transfer to trauma center.
- Authors: Moore HB, Loomis SB, Destigter KK, Mann-Gow T, Dorf L, Streeter MH, Ebert GM, Crookes BA, Leffler SM, O'Keefe MF, Freeman K
- Issue date: 2013 Mar