AffiliationSchool of Medicine, Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Analysis of Variance
Education, Medical, Undergraduate
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUndergraduate medical research: the student perspective. 2010, 15 Med Educ Online
JournalMedical education online
AbstractStudents have a narrow definition of research and what it entails. An explanation for why research competence does not align more closely with research motivation is derived from students' lack of understanding of the concept of translational research, as well as a lack of awareness of the research activity being undertaken by their teachers and mentors. We plan to address this with specific research awareness initiatives.
CollectionsJournal articles & published research
- Medical students' and facilitators' experiences of an Early Professional Contact course: active and motivated students, strained facilitators.
- Authors: von Below B, Hellquist G, Rödjer S, Gunnarsson R, Björkelund C, Wahlqvist M
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 2
- Is there a place for e-learning in clinical skills? A survey of undergraduate medical students' experiences and attitudes.
- Authors: Gormley GJ, Collins K, Boohan M, Bickle IC, Stevenson M
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- What do medical students understand by research and research skills? Identifying research opportunities within undergraduate projects.
- Authors: Murdoch-Eaton D, Drewery S, Elton S, Emmerson C, Marshall M, Smith JA, Stark P, Whittle S
- Issue date: 2010
- Does recruitment lead to retention? Rural Clinical School training experiences and subsequent intern choices.
- Authors: Eley D, Baker P
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Mar
- Role modelling of clinical tutors: a focus group study among medical students.
- Authors: Burgess A, Goulston K, Oates K
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 14