Evans, David S
AffiliationDepartment of Environmental Health, Health Service Executive West, Galway, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
World Health Organization
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEnvironmental health organisations against tobacco. 2009, 6 (4):1456-71 Int J Environ Res Public Health
JournalInternational journal of environmental research and public health
AbstractImplementing the World Health Organisation (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) relies heavily on enforcement. Little is known of the way different enforcement agencies operate, prioritise or network. A questionnaire was sent to representatives of the International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH) in 36 countries. Tobacco control was given low priority. Almost two thirds did not have any tobacco control policy. A third reported their organisation had worked with other agencies on tobacco control. Obstacles to addressing tobacco control included a lack of resources (61%) and absence of a coherent strategy (39%).
CollectionsJournal articles & published research
- Converging research needs across framework convention on tobacco control articles: making research relevant to global tobacco control practice and policy.
- Authors: Leischow SJ, Ayo-Yusuf O, Backinger CL
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Status of implementation of Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) in Ghana: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Owusu-Dabo E, McNeill A, Lewis S, Gilmore A, Britton J
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 1
- Tobacco control in the Russian Federation--a policy analysis.
- Authors: Lunze K, Migliorini L
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 23
- Achieving the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control's potential by investing in national capacity.
- Authors: Wipfli H, Stillman F, Tamplin S, da Costa e Silva VL, Yach D, Samet J
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Success counteracting tobacco company interference in Thailand: an example of FCTC implementation for low- and middle-income countries.
- Authors: Charoenca N, Mock J, Kungskulniti N, Preechawong S, Kojetin N, Hamann SL
- Issue date: 2012 Apr