Evans, David S
AffiliationDepartment of Environmental Health, Health Service Executive West, Galway, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
World Health Organization
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEnvironmental health organisations against tobacco. 2009, 6 (4):1456-71 Int J Environ Res Public Health
JournalInternational journal of environmental research and public health
AbstractImplementing the World Health Organisation (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) relies heavily on enforcement. Little is known of the way different enforcement agencies operate, prioritise or network. A questionnaire was sent to representatives of the International Federation of Environmental Health (IFEH) in 36 countries. Tobacco control was given low priority. Almost two thirds did not have any tobacco control policy. A third reported their organisation had worked with other agencies on tobacco control. Obstacles to addressing tobacco control included a lack of resources (61%) and absence of a coherent strategy (39%).
- Exceeding WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) Obligations: Nepal Overcoming Tobacco Industry Interference to Enact a Comprehensive Tobacco Control Policy.
- Authors: Bhatta DN, Bialous S, Crosbie E, Glantz S
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 12
- Status of implementation of Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) in Ghana: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Owusu-Dabo E, McNeill A, Lewis S, Gilmore A, Britton J
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 1
- Controlling corporate influence in health policy making? An assessment of the implementation of article 5.3 of the World Health Organization framework convention on tobacco control.
- Authors: Fooks GJ, Smith J, Lee K, Holden C
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 8
- Exploration of Policy Makers' Views on the Implementation of the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control in the Gambia: A Qualitative Study.
- Authors: Jallow IK, Britton J, Langley T
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 19
- Country-specific costs of implementing the WHO FCTC tobacco control policies and potential financing sources.
- Authors: Shang C, Yadav A, Stoklosa M, Kontsevaya A, Lewis FB, Pana A, Reyes I
- Issue date: 2018