AffiliationDepartment of Urology, Adelaide and Meath Hospitals incorporating the National Children's Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUrachal endometrioma: a case report. 2009, 3:9310notJ Med Case Reports
JournalJournal of medical case reports
AbstractINTRODUCTION: We discuss a rare presentation of an unusual case of endometrioma. CASE PRESENTATION: A 40-year-old Caucasian woman presented with subacute abdominal pain and a suprapubic mass. A final diagnosis was made after the mass was resected and histopathology confirmed an endometrioma originating from an urachal remnant. Select imaging studies and histopathology are presented in this case report. CONCLUSION: While endometriomata are well known to arise from abdominal scars, the condition described in this case report is a rare example of an endometrioma arising from the urachus. A review of the pathological complications of the urachus is also included.
- Abscess of urachal remnants presenting with acute abdomen: a case series.
- Authors: Tazi F, Ahsaini M, Khalouk A, Mellas S, Stuurman-Wieringa RE, Elfassi MJ, Farih MH
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 30
- [A case of urachal actinomycosis with bone formation].
- Authors: Kobori Y, Matsui F, Amano T, Takemae K
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- Alpha-methylacyl-coenzyme a racemase-expressing urachal adenocarcinoma of the abdominal wall.
- Authors: Ha YS, Kim YW, Min BD, Lee OJ, Kim YJ, Yun SJ, Lee SC, Kim WJ
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- [Infected urachal cyst].
- Authors: Güler K, Kaynak B, Celik F
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Urachal anomalies: acquired patent urachus and giant urachal cyst--2 cases report.
- Authors: Chiang PH, Chou YH, Huang CH, Chiang CP
- Issue date: 1990 Apr