The value of double balloon enteroscopy in diagnosing blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: a case report.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Surgery, Trinity Centre, St James's Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe value of double balloon enteroscopy in diagnosing blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: a case report. 2010, 3:29 Cases J
AbstractBlue rubber bleb naevus syndrome is a rare vascular disorder associated with multiple gastrointestinal haemangiomas that have the potential for life-threatening haemorrhage. These may be difficult to diagnose, and have classically been described using computed tomographic studies and/or mesenteric angiography. Resected surgical specimens of these lesions, especially in the small bowel, have often been extensive and poorly localized. The recent advent and progressive development of double balloon enteroscopy has allowed the direct visualization and marking of these enteric lesions and serves as a valuable adjunct not only in diagnosis but also planning prior to surgery to allow accurate estimate of the extent of resection.
- A combination of single-balloon enteroscopy-assisted laparoscopy and endoscopic mucosal resection for treating gastrointestinal venous malformations in blue rubber bleb nevus syndrome: a case report.
- Authors: Xu Y, Wu Y, Dai Z, Xia F, Xu F
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 10
- Synchronous multiple small bowel intussusceptions in an adult with blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: Report of a case and review of literature.
- Authors: Lee C, Debnath D, Whitburn T, Farrugia M, Gonzalez F
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 18
- Obscure gastrointestinal bleeding in the setting of blue rubber bleb nevus syndrome with extensive small bowel involvement.
- Authors: Silva JC, Afecto E, Rodrigues A, Pinho R
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Endoscopic treatment of blue rubber bleb nevus syndrome in a 4-year-old girl with long-term follow-up: A case report.
- Authors: Marakhouski K, Sharafanovich E, Kolbik U, Sautin A, Nikalayeva K, Pataleta A, Sanfirau K, Svirsky A
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 16
- Blue rubber bleb naevus.
- Authors: Mittal RR, Maninder.
- Issue date: 1995 May-Jun