The value of double balloon enteroscopy in diagnosing blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: a case report.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Surgery, Trinity Centre, St James's Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe value of double balloon enteroscopy in diagnosing blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: a case report. 2010, 3:29 Cases J
AbstractBlue rubber bleb naevus syndrome is a rare vascular disorder associated with multiple gastrointestinal haemangiomas that have the potential for life-threatening haemorrhage. These may be difficult to diagnose, and have classically been described using computed tomographic studies and/or mesenteric angiography. Resected surgical specimens of these lesions, especially in the small bowel, have often been extensive and poorly localized. The recent advent and progressive development of double balloon enteroscopy has allowed the direct visualization and marking of these enteric lesions and serves as a valuable adjunct not only in diagnosis but also planning prior to surgery to allow accurate estimate of the extent of resection.
- Synchronous multiple small bowel intussusceptions in an adult with blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: Report of a case and review of literature.
- Authors: Lee C, Debnath D, Whitburn T, Farrugia M, Gonzalez F
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 18
- Blue rubber bleb naevus.
- Authors: Mittal RR, Maninder.
- Issue date: 1995 May-Jun
- Blue rubber bleb naevus syndrome: a rare cause of gastrointestinal bleeding in an African child.
- Authors: Walter C, Mbebe T, Caragounis E, Thirsk I
- Issue date: 2010 Sep-Dec
- Blue rubber bleb nevus syndrome: case report.
- Authors: Teixeira MG, Perini MV, Marques CF, Habr-Gama A, Kiss D, Gama-Rodrigues JJ
- Issue date: 2003 Mar-Apr
- Blue rubber-bleb naevus syndrome.
- Authors: Crosher RF, Blackburn CW, Dinsdale RC
- Issue date: 1988 Apr