Negative regulation of TLR4 via targeting of the proinflammatory tumor suppressor PDCD4 by the microRNA miR-21.
AffiliationSchool of Biochemistry & Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNegative regulation of TLR4 via targeting of the proinflammatory tumor suppressor PDCD4 by the microRNA miR-21. 2009: Nat. Immunol.
AbstractThe tumor suppressor PDCD4 is a proinflammatory protein that promotes activation of the transcription factor NF-kappaB and suppresses interleukin 10 (IL-10). Here we found that mice deficient in PDCD4 were protected from lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced death. The induction of NF-kappaB and IL-6 by LPS required PDCD4, whereas LPS enhanced IL-10 induction in cells lacking PDCD4. Treatment of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells with LPS resulted in lower PDCD4 expression, which was due to induction of the microRNA miR-21 via the adaptor MyD88 and NF-kappaB. Transfection of cells with a miR-21 precursor blocked NF-kappaB activity and promoted IL-10 production in response to LPS, whereas transfection with antisense oligonucleotides to miR-21 or targeted protection of the miR-21 site in Pdcd4 mRNA had the opposite effect. Thus, miR-21 regulates PDCD4 expression after LPS stimulation.
- Knockdown of circ-UQCRC2 ameliorated lipopolysaccharide-induced injury in MRC-5 cells by the miR-326/PDCD4/NF-κB pathway.
- Authors: Zhou G, Duan Y, Lu C, Wang W
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Signaling by the matrix proteoglycan decorin controls inflammation and cancer through PDCD4 and MicroRNA-21.
- Authors: Merline R, Moreth K, Beckmann J, Nastase MV, Zeng-Brouwers J, Tralhão JG, Lemarchand P, Pfeilschifter J, Schaefer RM, Iozzo RV, Schaefer L
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 15
- Effects of MicroRNA-499 On the Inflammatory Damage of Endothelial Cells During Coronary Artery Disease Via the Targeting of PDCD4 Through the NF-Κβ/TNF-α Signaling Pathway.
- Authors: Zhang YH, He K, Shi G
- Issue date: 2017
- The microRNA-21-PDCD4 axis prevents type 1 diabetes by blocking pancreatic beta cell death.
- Authors: Ruan Q, Wang T, Kameswaran V, Wei Q, Johnson DS, Matschinsky F, Shi W, Chen YH
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 19
- MicroRNA-155 deficiency attenuates inflammation and oxidative stress in experimental autoimmune prostatitis in a TLR4-dependent manner.
- Authors: Fu X, He HD, Li CJ, Li N, Jiang SY, Ge HW, Wang R, Wang XL
- Issue date: 2020 Sep