A training syllabus for radiation protection in dental radiology.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, St James's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHEducation, Dental, Continuing
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA training syllabus for radiation protection in dental radiology. 2008, 129 (1-3):219-21notRadiat Prot Dosimetry
JournalRadiation protection dosimetry
AbstractThe EU Council Directive 97/43/EURATOM (MED) states that Member States shall ensure that adequate theoretical and practical training is provided for dental practitioners working with ionising radiation; this also includes the provision of continuing education and training programmes, post-qualification. The area of dental radiology is specifically mentioned in this legally binding document. The Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, St James's Hospital, Dublin, is particularly interested in the area of radiation protection training and routinely provides educational courses both at national and international levels. A recent review of their dental radiation protection course was undertaken in conjunction with a number of Principal Dental Surgeons within the Health Service Executive in Ireland. The revised course was delivered to over 200 dental staff members at two separate meetings during 2006. The response from attendees was very positive. It is proposed to extend this course to other dental professionals, working both in the Irish private and public health sectors in the future.
- Development of training syllabi for radiation protection and quality assurance of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) systems.
- Authors: O'Connor U, Dowling A, Larkin A, Sheahan N, Gray L, Gallagher A, O'Reilly G, Kosunen A, Zdesar U, Malone JF
- Issue date: 2008
- Accreditation in radiation protection for cardiologists and interventionalists.
- Authors: Vano E, Gonzalez L
- Issue date: 2005
- Continuing dental education in radiation protection: knowledge retention following a postgraduate course.
- Authors: Absi EG, Drage NA, Thomas HS, Newcombe RG, Cowpe J
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Continuing education in radiation protection: assessment of a one-day course.
- Authors: Smith NJ
- Issue date: 1991 Mar 9
- Training and accreditation in radiation protection for interventional radiology.
- Authors: Vañó E, Gonzalez L, Faulkner K, Padovani R, Malone JF
- Issue date: 2001