Vaccine adverse event monitoring systems across the European Union countries: time for unifying efforts.
AffiliationThe Green Channel Centre of the Veneto Region, Verona University Hospital and Department of Pathology, Section of Immunology, Piazzale L.A. Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy. email@example.com
MeSHAdverse Drug Reaction Reporting Systems
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVaccine adverse event monitoring systems across the European Union countries: time for unifying efforts. 2009, 27 (25-26):3376-84 Vaccine
AbstractA survey conducted among 26 European Countries within the Vaccine European New Integrated Collaboration Effort (VENICE) project assessed the status of organization in prevention and management of adverse events following immunization (AEFI) and level of interconnection, with the aim at individuating points of strength and weakness. The emerging picture is for a strong political commitment to control AEFIs in Member States (MS), but with consistent heterogeneity in procedures, regulations and capacity of systems to collect, analyze and use data, although with great potentialities. Suggestions are posed by authors to promote actions for unifying strategies and policies among MS.
- Vaccinovigilance in Europe--need for timeliness, standardization and resources.
- Authors: Lankinen KS, Pastila S, Kilpi T, Nohynek H, Mäkelä PH, Olin P
- Issue date: 2004 Nov
- Understanding the role of human variation in vaccine adverse events: the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment Network.
- Authors: LaRussa PS, Edwards KM, Dekker CL, Klein NP, Halsey NA, Marchant C, Baxter R, Engler RJ, Kissner J, Slade BA
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Safety monitoring in vaccine development and immunization.
- Authors: Lee CJ, Lee LH, Lu CH, Huang YJ, Chu ML
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Feb
- Can the Brighton Collaboration case definitions be used to improve the quality of Adverse Event Following Immunization (AEFI) reporting? Anaphylaxis as a case study.
- Authors: Gold MS, Gidudu J, Erlewyn-Lajeunesse M, Law B, Brighton Collaboration Working Group on Anaphylaxis.
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 17
- Suggestions for improving the monitoring of adverse events following immunization in New Zealand.
- Authors: Miller M, Turner N
- Issue date: 2002 Sep 27