Community Occupational Therapy for people with dementia and family carers (COTiD-UK) versus treatment as usual (Valuing Active Life in Dementia [VALID]) study: A single-blind, randomised controlled trial.
O'Keeffe, Aidan G
Omar, Rumana Z
AffiliationSchool of Health Sciences, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe aimed to estimate the clinical effectiveness of Community Occupational Therapy for people with dementia and family carers-UK version (Community Occupational Therapy in Dementia-UK version [COTiD-UK]) relative to treatment as usual (TAU). We hypothesised that COTiD-UK would improve the ability of people with dementia to perform activities of daily living (ADL), and family carers' sense of competence, compared with TAU.
- Authors: Wenborn J, Mountain G, Moniz-Cook E, Poland F, King M, Omar R, O’Keeffe A, Morris S, Pizzo E, Michie S, Vernooij-Dassen M, Graff M, Hill J, Challis D, Russell I, Sackley C, Hynes S, Crellin N, Mundy J, Burgess J, Swinson T, Di Bona L, Field B, Hart C, Stansfeld J, Walton H, Rooks S, Ledgerd R, Orrell M
- Issue date: 2023 Jun
- Community occupational therapy for people with dementia and family carers (COTiD-UK) versus treatment as usual (Valuing Active Life in Dementia [VALID] programme): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Wenborn J, Hynes S, Moniz-Cook E, Mountain G, Poland F, King M, Omar R, Morris S, Vernooij-Dassen M, Challis D, Michie S, Russell I, Sackley C, Graff M, O'Keeffe A, Crellin N, Orrell M
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 3
- Goal-oriented cognitive rehabilitation for early-stage Alzheimer's and related dementias: the GREAT RCT.
- Authors: Clare L, Kudlicka A, Oyebode JR, Jones RW, Bayer A, Leroi I, Kopelman M, James IA, Culverwell A, Pool J, Brand A, Henderson C, Hoare Z, Knapp M, Morgan-Trimmer S, Burns A, Corbett A, Whitaker R, Woods B
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Cost-utility analysis of community occupational therapy in dementia (COTiD-UK) versus usual care: Results from VALID, a multi-site randomised controlled trial in the UK.
- Authors: Pizzo E, Wenborn J, Burgess J, Mundy J, Orrell M, King M, Omar R, Morris S
- Issue date: 2022
- Individual cognitive stimulation therapy for dementia: a clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness pragmatic, multicentre, randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Orgeta V, Leung P, Yates L, Kang S, Hoare Z, Henderson C, Whitaker C, Burns A, Knapp M, Leroi I, Moniz-Cook ED, Pearson S, Simpson S, Spector A, Roberts S, Russell IT, de Waal H, Woods RT, Orrell M
- Issue date: 2015 Aug