CSF Rhinorrhea After Endonasal Intervention to the Skull Base (CRANIAL) - Part 2: Impact of COVID-19.
Cerebrospinal fluid leak
Cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea
Skull base surgery
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherWorld Neurosurg .
PubMed Central IDPMC7965443
AbstractAbstract Background: During the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, concerns have been raised regarding the increased risk of perioperative mortality for patients with COVID-19, and the transmission risk to healthcare workers, especially during endonasal neurosurgical operations. The Pituitary Society has produced recommendations to guide management during this era. We sought to assess contemporary neurosurgical practice and the effects of COVID-19.
Series/Report no.2021 May; 149: e1090–e1097.
- CSF Rhinorrhoea After Endonasal Intervention to the Skull Base (CRANIAL) - Part 1: Multicenter Pilot Study.
- Authors: CRANIAL Consortium
- Issue date: 2021 May
- CSF rhinorrhoea after endonasal intervention to the anterior skull base (CRANIAL): proposal for a prospective multicentre observational cohort study.
- Authors: Khan DZ, Bandyopadhyay S, Patel V, Schroeder BE, Cabrilo I, Choi D, Cudlip SA, Donnelly N, Dorward NL, Fountain DM, Grieve J, Halliday J, Kolias AG, Mannion RJ, O'Donnell A, Phillips N, Piper RJ, Ramachandran B, Santarius T, Sayal P, Sharma R, Solomou G, Tysome JR, Marcus HJ, Neurology and Neurosurgery Interest Group (NANSIG), British Neurosurgical Trainee Research Collaborative (BNTRC), and CRANIAL Steering Committee, Alalade AF, Ahmed S, Al-Barazi S, Al-Mahfoudh R, Bahl A, Bennett D, Bhalla R, Bhatt P, Dow G, Giamouriadis A, Gilkes C, Gnanalingham K, Hanna B, Hayhurst C, Hempenstall J, Hossain-Ibrahim K, Hughes M, Javadpour M, Jenkins A, Kamel M, Habibullah Khan M, Lacy P, Maratos E, Martin A, Mathad N, Mendoza N, Mirza S, Muquit S, Nair R, Nicholson C, Paluzzi A, Paraskevopoulos D, Pathmanaban O, Pollock J, Ram B, Robertson I, Ross P, Shaw S, Shoakazemi A, Sinha S, Stapleton S, Statham P, Stew B, Thomas N, Tsermoulas G, Weir P, Williams A
- Issue date: 2021 Aug
- Risk factors associated with postoperative cerebrospinal fluid leak after endoscopic endonasal skull base surgery.
- Authors: Fraser S, Gardner PA, Koutourousiou M, Kubik M, Fernandez-Miranda JC, Snyderman CH, Wang EW
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- The endoscopic endonasal approach for cerebrospinal fluid leak repair in the elderly.
- Authors: Emanuelli E, Milanese L, Rossetto M, Cazzador D, d'Avella E, Volo T, Baro V, Denaro L, Gioffrè G, Borsetto D, Martini A
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Cranial base repair with combined vascularized nasal septal flap and autologous tissue graft following expanded endonasal endoscopic neurosurgery.
- Authors: Munich SA, Fenstermaker RA, Fabiano AJ, Rigual NR
- Issue date: 2013 Mar