Resin bonded bridges in patients with hypodontia: Clinical performance over a 7 year observation period.
Mata, Cristiane de
Resin-bonded bridge (RBB)
DENTAL HEALTH CARE
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe Saudi dental journal
AbstractPurpose: Resin bonded bridges (RBBs) are considered a conservative option in the management of hypodontia. This study targeted to analyze the survival of resin bonded bridges provided to patients with Hypodontia by staff and students at the Department of Restorative Dentistry, University Dental School and Hospital Cork, Ireland. It was also to determine the factors that may influence the survival of RBBs in patients with hypodontia. Methods: Forty patients with hypodontia who received 65 RBBs from 2001 to 2007 were identified and contacted to be recruited for this study. Of these, nine were not contactable, and five failed to attend. Accordingly, 26 patients (65%) participated in the study, with a total of 51 RBBs. Results: Of the 51 RBBs evaluated, 44 (86%) were still in situ and functional and 7 (14%) failed. The main reason for failure was repeated debonding. The effect of age, gender, the grade of operator and experience, bridge location, design of the bridge, span length and moisture control during cementation, could not be demonstrated. Conclusion: The effect of age, gender, the grade of operator and experience, bridge location, design of the bridge, span length and moister control on RBB survival could not be demonstrated. Majority of patients with hypodontia showed satisfaction with resin bonded bridges. In replacing congenitally missing teeth in patients with hypodontia, resin-bonded bridges would be an acceptable treatment option.
- Survival of resin-bonded bridgework provided for post-orthodontic hypodontia patients with missing maxillary lateral incisors.
- Authors: Garnett MJ, Wassell RW, Jepson NJ, Nohl FS
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 21
- A prospective study of the performance of resin bonded bridgework in patients with hypodontia.
- Authors: Allen PF, Anweigi L, Ziada H
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Attitude and awareness of dentist towards resin bonded bridges in Saudi Arabia.
- Authors: Vohra FA, Al-Qahtani MA
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Clinical Evaluation of All Ceramic Zirconia Framework Resin Bonded Bridges.
- Authors: Shahdad S, Cattell MJ, Cano-Ruiz J, Gamble E, Gambôa A
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 29
- Predictability of resin bonded bridges - a systematic review.
- Authors: Balasubramaniam GR
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 9