A qualitative study of parental views of HPV vaccination in Ireland
AffiliationStephanie Creed, Mercy University Hospital, Grenville Place, Cork T12 WE28, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCreed S, Walsh E, Foley T. A qualitative study of parental views of HPV vaccination in Ireland. Eur J Gen Pract. 2021 Dec;27(1):1-9. doi: 10.1080/13814788.2020.1851677
PublisherTaylor & Francis
JournalThe European journal of general practice
AbstractAn in-depth qualitative study, using semi-structured interviews was conducted among parents of 11-13-year-old girls (n = 18) who had not yet been offered the HPV vaccine. Convenience sampling was used. Interviews, conducted in the Republic of Ireland over six-months in 2018, were audio-recorded, transcribed, and analysed by thematic analysis.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Attitudes towards human papillomavirus vaccination among African parents in a city in the north of England: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Mupandawana ET, Cross R
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 22
- French women's knowledge of and attitudes towards cervical cancer prevention and the acceptability of HPV vaccination among those with 14 - 18 year old daughters: a quantitative-qualitative study.
- Authors: Haesebaert J, Lutringer-Magnin D, Kalecinski J, Barone G, Jacquard AC, Régnier V, Leocmach Y, Vanhems P, Chauvin F, Lasset C
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 27
- Facilitators and barriers of human papillomavirus vaccine uptake in young females 18-26 years old in Singapore: A qualitative study.
- Authors: Lim ASE, Lim RBT
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 24
- Barriers to human papillomavirus vaccination among US adolescents: a systematic review of the literature.
- Authors: Holman DM, Benard V, Roland KB, Watson M, Liddon N, Stokley S
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Understanding parents' views toward the newly enacted HPV vaccine school entry policy in Puerto Rico: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Colón-López V, Medina-Laabes DT, Abreu RS, Díaz Miranda OL, Ortiz AP, Fernández ME, Hull PC
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 25