COVID-19 and Congenital Heart Disease: Results from a Nationwide Survey.
Calabrò, Maria Pia
Russo, Maria Giovanna
Bassareo, Pier Paolo
Di Salvo, Giovanni
congenital heart disease
MetadataShow full item record
JournalJournal of clinical medicine
AbstractThis is a multi-centre, observational, nationwide survey, involving high-volume Italian CHD centres. COVID-19 diagnosis was defined as either "clinically suspected" or "confirmed", where a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV2) test had been performed and was positive. Cardiovascular comorbidities were observed among adult patients-atrial fibrillation (seven; 9%), hypertension (five; 7%), obesity (seven; 9%) and diabetes (one; 1%)-but were absent among children. Cardiovascular complications were mainly observed in the "confirmed" COVID-19+ group, consisting of heart failure (9%), palpitations/arrhythmias (3%), stroke/TIA (3%) and pulmonary hypertension (3%). Cardiovascular symptoms such as chest pain (1%), myocardial injury (1%) and pericardial effusion (1%) were also recorded. On the contrary, CHD patients from the clinically suspected COVID-19 group presented no severe symptoms or complications.
- COVID-19 in Adults With Congenital Heart Disease.
- Authors: Broberg CS, Kovacs AH, Sadeghi S, Rosenbaum MS, Lewis MJ, Carazo MR, Rodriguez FH 3rd, Halpern DG, Feinberg J, Galilea FA, Baraona F, Cedars AM, Ko JM, Porayette P, Maldonado J, Sarubbi B, Fusco F, Frogoudaki AA, Nir A, Chaudhry A, John AS, Karbassi A, Hoskoppal AK, Frischhertz BP, Hendrickson B, Bouma BJ, Rodriguez-Monserrate CP, Broda CR, Tobler D, Gregg D, Martinez-Quintana E, Yeung E, Krieger EV, Ruperti-Repilado FJ, Giannakoulas G, Lui GK, Ephrem G, Singh HS, Almeneisi HM, Bartlett HL, Lindsay I, Grewal J, Nicolarsen J, Araujo JJ, Cramer JW, Bouchardy J, Al Najashi K, Ryan K, Alshawabkeh L, Andrade L, Ladouceur M, Schwerzmann M, Greutmann M, Meras P, Ferrero P, Dehghani P, Tung PP, Garcia-Orta R, Tompkins RO, Gendi SM, Cohen S, Klewer S, Hascoet S, Mohammadzadeh S, Upadhyay S, Fisher SD, Cook S, Cotts TB, Aboulhosn JA
- Issue date: 2021 Apr 6
- COVID-19 in Pediatric Patients: A Focus on CHD Patients.
- Authors: Zareef RO, Younis NK, Bitar F, Eid AH, Arabi M
- Issue date: 2020
- Presentation and Outcome of Congenital Heart Disease During Covid-19 Pandemic: A Review.
- Authors: Soleimani A, Soleimani Z
- Issue date: 2021 May 29
- Coronavirus disease 2019 and cardiovascular system: A narrative review.
- Authors: Kwenandar F, Japar KV, Damay V, Hariyanto TI, Tanaka M, Lugito NPH, Kurniawan A
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Randomised controlled trial comparing efficacy and safety of high versus low Low-Molecular Weight Heparin dosages in hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia and coagulopathy not requiring invasive mechanical ventilation (COVID-19 HD): a structured summary of a study protocol.
- Authors: Marietta M, Vandelli P, Mighali P, Vicini R, Coluccio V, D'Amico R, COVID-19 HD Study Group.
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 26