Percutaneous coronary intervention versus medical therapy in patients with angina and grey-zone fractional flow reserve values: a randomised clinical trial.
AuthorsHealth Service Executive
McClure, John D
Ford, Thomas Joseph
Petrie, Mark C
Oldroyd, Keith G
combined pressure and doppler flow coronary wire
fractional flow reserve
percutaneous coronary intervention
stress perfusion MRI
MetadataShow full item record
JournalHeart (British Cardiac Society)
AbstractThere is conflicting evidence regarding the benefits of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in patients with grey zone fractional flow reserve (GZFFR artery) values (0.75-0.80). The prevalence of ischaemia is unknown. We wished to define the prevalence of ischaemia in GZFFR artery and assess whether PCI is superior to optimal medical therapy (OMT) for angina control.
- Fractional Flow Reserve and Instantaneous Wave-Free Ratio as Predictors of the Placebo-Controlled Response to Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Stable Single-Vessel Coronary Artery Disease.
- Authors: Al-Lamee R, Howard JP, Shun-Shin MJ, Thompson D, Dehbi HM, Sen S, Nijjer S, Petraco R, Davies J, Keeble T, Tang K, Malik IS, Cook C, Ahmad Y, Sharp ASP, Gerber R, Baker C, Kaprielian R, Talwar S, Assomull R, Cole G, Keenan NG, Kanaganayagam G, Sehmi J, Wensel R, Harrell FE, Mayet J, Thom SA, Davies JE, Francis DP
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 23
- Comparison of clinical outcomes following percutaneous coronary intervention versus optimal medical therapy based on gray-zone fractional flow reserve in stable angina patients with intermediate coronary artery stenosis (COMFORTABLE prospective study): Study protocol for a multicenter randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Kitabata H, Kubo T, Shiono Y, Shimamura K, Ino Y, Tanimoto T, Hayashi Y, Komukai K, Sougawa H, Kimura K, Gohda M, Hashizume T, Obana M, Maeda K, Yamaguchi J, Akasaka T
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 28
- Coronary physiological assessment combining fractional flow reserve and index of microcirculatory resistance in patients undergoing elective percutaneous coronary intervention with grey zone fractional flow reserve.
- Authors: Niida T, Murai T, Yonetsu T, Kanaji Y, Usui E, Matsuda J, Hoshino M, Araki M, Yamaguchi M, Hada M, Ichijyo S, Hamaya R, Kanno Y, Isobe M, Kakuta T
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 15
- Reclassification of Treatment Strategy With Instantaneous Wave-Free Ratio and Fractional Flow Reserve: A Substudy From the iFR-SWEDEHEART Trial.
- Authors: Andell P, Berntorp K, Christiansen EH, Gudmundsdottir IJ, Sandhall L, Venetsanos D, Erlinge D, Fröbert O, Koul S, Reitan C, Götberg M
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 22
- Rationale and design of the Fractional Flow Reserve versus Angiography for Multivessel Evaluation (FAME) 3 Trial: a comparison of fractional flow reserve-guided percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass graft surgery in patients with multivessel coronary artery disease.
- Authors: Zimmermann FM, De Bruyne B, Pijls NH, Desai M, Oldroyd KG, Park SJ, Reardon MJ, Wendler O, Woo J, Yeung AC, Fearon WF
- Issue date: 2015 Oct