Investigation of the Role of Dinutuximab Beta-Based Immunotherapy in the SIOPEN High-Risk Neuroblastoma 1 Trial (HR-NBL1).
Michon, Jean Marie
Chi Fung Chan, Godfrey
Castellani, Maria Rita
Gaze, Mark N
Pearson, Andrew D J
Lode, Holger N
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo explore the effects of immunotherapy in the International Society of Paediatric Oncology Europe Neuroblastoma Group SIOPEN high-risk neuroblastoma 1 trial (HR-NBL1 trial), two cohorts were studied: one prior to and one after the introduction of dinutuximab beta. All patients received standard induction and high-dose therapy (HDT) with autologous stem cell rescue (ASCR); the local control comprised surgery and radiotherapy to the primary tumour site, followed by isotretinoin. A landmark timepoint of 109 days, resulting from the median time between ASCR and initiation of immunotherapy, was used to define patients' eligibility in the pre-immunotherapy analysis cohort. Median follow-up was 5.8 years (inter-quartile range (IQR): 4.2-8.2 years) for 844 eligible patients balanced for risk factors, such as age, sex, stage 4, MYCN amplification and response prior to HDT. The five-year event-free and overall survival (95% confidence interval (CI) of 466 patients not receiving immunotherapy was 42% (38-47%) and 50% (46-55%) but was 57% (51-62%) and 64% (59-69%) for 378 patients receiving immunotherapy (p < 0.001). A multivariate analysis identified absence of immunotherapy (p = 0.0002, hazard ratio (HR) 1.573); type of HDT (p = 0.0029, HR 1.431); less than complete response prior to maintenance therapy (p = 0.0043, HR 1.494) and >1 metastatic compartment at diagnosis (p < 0.001, HR 2.665) as risk factors for relapse or progression. Results suggest an important role for dinutuximab beta-based immunotherapy within the treatment concepts applied in HR-NBL1/SIOPEN.
- Interleukin 2 with anti-GD2 antibody ch14.18/CHO (dinutuximab beta) in patients with high-risk neuroblastoma (HR-NBL1/SIOPEN): a multicentre, randomised, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Ladenstein R, Pötschger U, Valteau-Couanet D, Luksch R, Castel V, Yaniv I, Laureys G, Brock P, Michon JM, Owens C, Trahair T, Chan GCF, Ruud E, Schroeder H, Beck Popovic M, Schreier G, Loibner H, Ambros P, Holmes K, Castellani MR, Gaze MN, Garaventa A, Pearson ADJ, Lode HN
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Validation of Postinduction Curie Scores in High-Risk Neuroblastoma: A Children's Oncology Group and SIOPEN Group Report on SIOPEN/HR-NBL1.
- Authors: Yanik GA, Parisi MT, Naranjo A, Nadel H, Gelfand MJ, Park JR, Ladenstein RL, Poetschger U, Boubaker A, Valteau-Couanet D, Lambert B, Castellani MR, Bar-Sever Z, Oudoux A, Kaminska A, Kreissman SG, Shulkin BL, Matthay KK
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Central nervous system relapse in high-risk stage 4 neuroblastoma: The HR-NBL1/SIOPEN trial experience.
- Authors: Berlanga P, Pasqualini C, Pötschger U, Sangüesa C, Castellani MR, Cañete A, Luksch R, Elliot M, Schreier G, Kropf M, Morgenstern D, Papadakis V, Ash S, Ruud E, Brock P, Wieczorek A, Kogner P, Trahair T, Ambros P, Boterberg T, Castel V, Valteau-Couanet D, Ladenstein R
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- Influence of Surgical Excision on the Survival of Patients With Stage 4 High-Risk Neuroblastoma: A Report From the HR-NBL1/SIOPEN Study.
- Authors: Holmes K, Pötschger U, Pearson ADJ, Sarnacki S, Cecchetto G, Gomez-Chacon J, Squire R, Freud E, Bysiek A, Matthyssens LE, Metzelder M, Monclair T, Stenman J, Rygl M, Rasmussen L, Joseph JM, Irtan S, Avanzini S, Godzinski J, Björnland K, Elliott M, Luksch R, Castel V, Ash S, Balwierz W, Laureys G, Ruud E, Papadakis V, Malis J, Owens C, Schroeder H, Beck-Popovic M, Trahair T, Forjaz de Lacerda A, Ambros PF, Gaze MN, McHugh K, Valteau-Couanet D, Ladenstein RL, International Society of Paediatric Oncology Europe Neuroblastoma Group (SIOPEN)
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 1
- Randomized Trial of Two Induction Therapy Regimens for High-Risk Neuroblastoma: HR-NBL1.5 International Society of Pediatric Oncology European Neuroblastoma Group Study.
- Authors: Garaventa A, Poetschger U, Valteau-Couanet D, Luksch R, Castel V, Elliott M, Ash S, Chan GCF, Laureys G, Beck-Popovic M, Vettenranta K, Balwierz W, Schroeder H, Owens C, Cesen M, Papadakis V, Trahair T, Schleiermacher G, Ambros P, Sorrentino S, Pearson ADJ, Ladenstein RL
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 10