INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE
MetadataShow full item record
JournalTherapeutic advances in chronic disease
AbstractInflammatory bowel disease (IBD), including Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC), is characterized by chronic inflammation, a relapsing and remitting clinical course, requirement for lifelong medication and often, significant morbidity. While multiple effective therapeutic options exist for the treatment of IBD, a proportion of patients will either fail to respond or lose response to therapy. Advances in therapeutics, such as the gut-specific anti-integrins, now offer patients an alternative option to systemic immunosuppression. Anti-interleukin 12 (anti-IL-12)/IL-23 agents offer new and effective treatment options for CD, while the oral small molecules now offer an oral alternative for the treatment of moderate-to-severe disease, previously requiring subcutaneous injection or intravenous infusion. Alternatives to pharmacological treatment such as stem-cell transplant and faecal microbiota transplant are also showing some promise in the treatment of both CD and UC.
- Generalized Pyoderma Gangrenosum Associated with Ulcerative Colitis: Successful Treatment with Infliximab and Azathioprine.
- Authors: Chatzinasiou F, Polymeros D, Panagiotou M, Theodoropoulos K, Rigopoulos D
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Emerging Treatment Options in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Janus Kinases, Stem Cells, and More.
- Authors: Misselwitz B, Juillerat P, Sulz MC, Siegmund B, Brand S, Swiss IBDnet, an official working group of the Swiss Society of Gastroenterology.
- Issue date: 2020
- Patients' perspectives on smoking and inflammatory bowel disease: An online survey in collaboration with European Federation of Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis Associations.
- Authors: Le Berre C, Loy L, Lönnfors S, Avedano L, Piovani D
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 7
- The Impact of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Canada 2018: Direct Costs and Health Services Utilization.
- Authors: Kuenzig ME, Benchimol EI, Lee L, Targownik LE, Singh H, Kaplan GG, Bernstein CN, Bitton A, Nguyen GC, Lee K, Cooke-Lauder J, Murthy SK
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Functional Characterization of Inflammatory Bowel Disease-Associated Gut Dysbiosis in Gnotobiotic Mice.
- Authors: Nagao-Kitamoto H, Shreiner AB, Gillilland MG 3rd, Kitamoto S, Ishii C, Hirayama A, Kuffa P, El-Zaatari M, Grasberger H, Seekatz AM, Higgins PD, Young VB, Fukuda S, Kao JY, Kamada N
- Issue date: 2016 Jul