Association of synovial tissue polyfunctional T-cells with DAPSA in psoriatic arthritis.
AuthorsWade, Sarah M
Wade, Siobhan C
Mullan, Ronan H
Veale, Douglas J
MetadataShow full item record
JournalAnnals of the rheumatic diseases
AbstractPsA synovial tissue infiltrating CD4+ T-cells expressed higher levels of interleukin (IL)-17A, interferon gamma (IFN-γ), GM-CSF and CD161, with parallel enrichment of Th1, Th17 and exTh17 T-helper subsets (all p<0.05). Interestingly, a significant proportion of synovial T-cell subsets were triple-positive for GM-CSF, tumour necrosis factor (-TNF), -IL-17 or IFN-γ compared with matched blood (all p<0.05). Importantly, frequencies of polyfunctional T-cells correlated with DAPSA: Th1-GM-CSF+/TNF+/IFN-γ+ (r=0.7, p<0.01), Th17-GM-CSF+/TNF+/IL-17+ (r=0.6, p<0.057) and exTh17-GM-CSF+/TNF+/IFN-γ+ (r=0.7, p=0.0096), with no associations observed for single cytokine-producing T-cells. Following ex vivo culture of PsA synovial tissue cell suspensions, polyfunctional GM-CSF+TNFα+IL-17A+ or/IFN-γ+-producing T-cells (p<0.05), but not single cytokine-producing T-cells, were inhibited with a PDE4 inhibitor. Conclusion: These data demonstrate enrichment of polyfunctional T-cells in PsA synovial tissue which were strongly associated with DAPSA and ex vivo therapeutic response.
- Relationship of CD146 expression to secretion of interleukin (IL)-17, IL-22 and interferon-γ by CD4(+) T cells in patients with inflammatory arthritis.
- Authors: Wu C, Goodall JC, Busch R, Gaston JS
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Th17 and Th22 cells in psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis.
- Authors: Benham H, Norris P, Goodall J, Wechalekar MD, FitzGerald O, Szentpetery A, Smith M, Thomas R, Gaston H
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 26
- The roles of IFN-γ versus IL-17 in pathogenic effects of human Th17 cells on synovial fibroblasts.
- Authors: Kato H, Endres J, Fox DA
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- The elevated ratio of interferon gamma-/interleukin-4-positive T cells found in synovial fluid and synovial membrane of rheumatoid arthritis patients can be changed by interleukin-4 but not by interleukin-10 or transforming growth factor beta.
- Authors: Yin Z, Siegert S, Neure L, Grolms M, Liu L, Eggens U, Radbruch A, Braun J, Sieper J
- Issue date: 1999 Nov
- Analysis of Th1 and Th2 cytokines expressing CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in rheumatoid arthritis by flow cytometry.
- Authors: Berner B, Akça D, Jung T, Muller GA, Reuss-Borst MA
- Issue date: 2000 May