cgMLST characterisation of invasive Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C and W strains associated with increasing disease incidence in the Republic of Ireland.
AuthorsMulhall, Robert M
Bennett, Desiree E
Bratcher, Holly B
Jolley, Keith A
Bray, James E
O'Lorcain, Piaras P
Cotter, Suzanne M
Maiden, Martin C J
Cunney, Robert J
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSince 2013 MenC and MenW disease incidence and associated mortality rates have increased in the Republic of Ireland. From 2002/2003 to 2012/2013, the average annual MenC incidence was 0.08/100,000, which increased to 0.34/100,000 during 2013/2014 to 2017/18, peaking in 2016/17 (0.72/100,000) with an associated case fatality rate (CFR) of 14.7%. MenW disease incidence has increased each year from 0.02/100,000 in 2013/2014, to 0.29/100,000 in 2017/18, with an associated CFR of 28.6%. We aimed to characterise and relate recent MenC isolates to the previously prevalent MenC:cc11 ET-15 clones, and also characterise and relate recent MenW isolates to the novel 'Hajj' clones.
- Genomic resolution of an aggressive, widespread, diverse and expanding meningococcal serogroup B, C and W lineage.
- Authors: Lucidarme J, Hill DM, Bratcher HB, Gray SJ, du Plessis M, Tsang RS, Vazquez JA, Taha MK, Ceyhan M, Efron AM, Gorla MC, Findlow J, Jolley KA, Maiden MC, Borrow R
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Whole genome typing of the recently emerged Canadian serogroup W Neisseria meningitidis sequence type 11 clonal complex isolates associated with invasive meningococcal disease.
- Authors: Tsang RSW, Ahmad T, Tyler S, Lefebvre B, Deeks SL, Gilca R, Hoang L, Tyrrell G, Van Caeseele P, Van Domselaar G, Jamieson FB
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Temporal associations between national outbreaks of meningococcal serogroup W and C disease in the Netherlands and England: an observational cohort study.
- Authors: Knol MJ, Hahné SJM, Lucidarme J, Campbell H, de Melker HE, Gray SJ, Borrow R, Ladhani SN, Ramsay ME, van der Ende A
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Clonal replacement and expansion among invasive meningococcal isolates of serogroup W in France.
- Authors: Hong E, Barret AS, Terrade A, Denizon M, Antona D, Aouiti-Trabelsi M, Deghmane AE, Parent du Châtelet I, Levy-Bruhl D, Taha MK
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Limited Impact of Adolescent Meningococcal ACWY Vaccination on Neisseria meningitidis Serogroup W Carriage in University Students.
- Authors: Oldfield NJ, Green LR, Parkhill J, Bayliss CD, Turner DPJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 30