The co-design, implementation and evaluation of a serious board game 'PlayDecide patient safety' to educate junior doctors about patient safety and the importance of reporting safety concerns.
Ní Shé, Éidín
De Brún, Aoife
MEDICAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA serious game based on the PlayDecide framework was co-designed and implemented in two large urban acute teaching hospitals. To evaluate the educational value of the game voting on the position statements was recorded at the end of each game by a facilitator who also took notes after the game of key themes that emerged from the discussion. A sample of players were invited on a voluntary basis to take part in semi-structured interviews after playing the game using Flanagan's Critical Incident Technique. A paper-based questionnaire on 'Safety Concerns' was developed and administered to assess pre-and post-playing the game reporting behaviour. Dissemination workshops were held with senior clinicians to promote more inclusive leadership behaviours and responsiveness to junior doctors raising of safety concerns from senior clinicians.
- Imbuing medical professionalism in relation to safety: a study protocol for a mixed-methods intervention focused on trialling an embedded learning approach that centres on the use of a custom designed board game.
- Authors: Ward M, McAuliffe E, Ní Shé É, Duffy A, Geary U, Cunningham U, Holland C, McDonald N, Egan K, Korpos C
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 17
- Junior doctors' views on reporting concerns about patient safety: a qualitative study.
- Authors: Hooper P, Kocman D, Carr S, Tarrant C
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Developing the 'gripes' tool for junior doctors to report concerns: a pilot study.
- Authors: Carr S, Mukherjee T, Montgomery A, Durbridge M, Tarrant C
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 29
- Improving incident reporting among junior doctors.
- Authors: Hotton E, Jordan L, Peden C
- Issue date: 2014
- Incident reporting behaviours following the Francis report: A cross-sectional survey.
- Authors: Archer G, Colhoun A
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.