Medical management of acute upper respiratory infections in an urban primary care out-of-hours facility: cross-sectional study of patient presentations and expectations.
OUT OF HOURS CARE
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe purpose of this study was to examine the expectations of patients attending an urban primary care out-of-hours (OOH) facility with acute upper respiratory tract infection (acute URTI) regarding clinical examination, symptom management, information on their condition, reassurance, antibiotic treatment and other possible options including referral. Cross-sectional design. One urban primary care OOH facility located in the midwest of Ireland. 457 patients filled out a questionnaire while waiting in the OOH facility; 22 surveys were excluded as the patients did not present with symptoms of acute URTI resulting in 435 patients' data being included in this study. There were 59.5% female participants and 40.5% male participants.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- Knowledge, attitudes and practices towards antibiotic use in upper respiratory tract infections among patients seeking primary health care in Singapore.
- Authors: Pan DS, Huang JH, Lee MH, Yu Y, Chen MI, Goh EH, Jiang L, Chong JW, Leo YS, Lee TH, Wong CS, Loh VW, Poh AZ, Tham TY, Wong WM, Lim FS
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 3
- The knowledge and expectations of parents about the role of antibiotic treatment in upper respiratory tract infection--a survey among parents attending the primary physician with their sick child.
- Authors: Shlomo V, Adi R, Eliezer K
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 30
- Delayed antibiotics for symptoms and complications of respiratory infections.
- Authors: Spurling GK, Del Mar CB, Dooley L, Foxlee R
- Issue date: 2004 Oct 18
- Parental knowledge, attitudes and antibiotic use for acute upper respiratory tract infection in children attending a primary healthcare clinic in Malaysia.
- Authors: Chan GC, Tang SF
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Antibiotics for acute respiratory tract infections: a mixed-methods study of patient experiences of non-medical prescriber management.
- Authors: Courtenay M, Rowbotham S, Lim R, Deslandes R, Hodson K, MacLure K, Peters S, Stewart D
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 15