MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPulmonary aspiration of gastric refluxate (PAGR) has been demonstrated in association with pulmonary inflammation in school aged children with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). We sought to determine if similar findings were present in preschool children. Pepsin was measured in Broncho-alveolar lavage (BAL) fluid collected from clinically stable preschool children with CF and controls. Elevated pepsin levels were found in a subgroup of children with CF, but this was not found to be associated with pulmonary infection, pulmonary inflammation or respiratory or gastrointestinal symptoms.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- High concentrations of pepsin in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid from children with cystic fibrosis are associated with high interleukin-8 concentrations.
- Authors: McNally P, Ervine E, Shields MD, Dimitrov BD, El Nazir B, Taggart CC, Greene CM, McElvaney NG, Greally P
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Bile acid aspiration in people with cystic fibrosis before and after lung transplantation.
- Authors: Brodlie M, Aseeri A, Lordan JL, Robertson AG, McKean MC, Corris PA, Griffin SM, Manning NJ, Pearson JP, Ward C
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Pooling of bronchoalveolar lavage in children with cystic fibrosis does not adversely affect the microbiological yield or sensitivity in detecting pulmonary inflammation.
- Authors: McNally P, O'Rourke J, Fantino E, Chacko A, Pabary R, Turnbull A, Grant T, O'Sullivan N, Wainwright C, Linnane B, Davies JC, Sly PD
- Issue date: 2018 May
- The utility of the lipid-laden macrophage index for the evaluation of aspiration in children.
- Authors: Lahiri T
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Comparison of bronchoscopy and bronchoalveolar lavage findings in three types of suppurative lung disease.
- Authors: de Vries JJV, Chang AB, Marchant JM
- Issue date: 2018 Apr