Proceedings of resources for optimal care of acute care and emergency surgery consensus summit Donegal Ireland.
Moore, E E
De Waele, J
Di Saverio, S
Fraga, G P
Kirkpatrick, A W
Malangoni, M A
Pereira, B M
Vincent, J L
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherWorld Journal of Emergency Surgery
JournalWorld Journal of Emergency Surgery
AbstractOpportunities to improve emergency surgery outcomes exist through guided better practice and reduced variability. Few attempts have been made to define optimal care in emergency surgery, and few clinically derived key performance indicators (KPIs) have been published. A summit was therefore convened to look at resources for optimal care of emergency surgery. The aim of the Donegal Summit was to set a platform in place to develop guidelines and KPIs in emergency surgery. The project had multidisciplinary global involvement in producing consensus statements regarding emergency surgery care in key areas, and to assess feasibility of producing KPIs that could be used to monitor process and outcome of care in the future. Forty-four key opinion leaders in emergency surgery, across 7 disciplines from 17 countries, composed evidence-based position papers on 14 key areas of emergency surgery and 112 KPIs in 20 acute conditions or emergency systems. The summit was successful in achieving position papers and KPIs in emergency surgery. While position papers were limited by non-graded evidence and non-validated KPIs, the process set a foundation for the future advancement of emergency surgery.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- Development of key performance indicators for prehospital emergency care.
- Authors: Murphy A, Wakai A, Walsh C, Cummins F, O'Sullivan R
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury: a 5-year descriptive study from the National Trauma Center in Qatar.
- Authors: El-Menyar A, Consunji R, Al-Thani H, Mekkodathil A, Jabbour G, Alyafei KA
- Issue date: 2017
- Traumatic brain injuries in older adults-6 years of data for one UK trauma centre: retrospective analysis of prospectively collected data.
- Authors: Hawley C, Sakr M, Scapinello S, Salvo J, Wrenn P
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Development of key performance indicators for emergency departments in Ireland using an electronic modified-Delphi consensus approach.
- Authors: Wakai A, O'Sullivan R, Staunton P, Walsh C, Hickey F, Plunkett PK
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- A Pediatric Application of the STRAC Regional Hospital Trauma Registry Database: Pediatric Trauma Deaths in South Central Texas During 2004-2013.
- Authors: Buehner M, Aden J, Borgman M, Love P, Wright B, Edwards M
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 1