Maximising Refractive Outcomes with an Extended Depth of Focus IOL.
Extended depth of focus IOL
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherThe Open Ophthalmology Journal
JournalThe Open Ophthalmology Journal
AbstractTo assess the impact of the magnitude of preoperative and postoperative corneal astigmatism on refractive outcomes in patients undergoing cataract surgery or lens exchange with an extended depth of focus intraocular lens. To compare visual outcomes of steep and temporal on-axis corneal incisions. Department of Ophthalmology, Blackrock Clinic, Dublin, Ireland. Prospective cohort analysis. Fifty-three consecutive adult patients (94 eyes) undergoing routine phacoemulsification with Symfony IOL implantation were analysed. Exclusion criteria: targets for mini-monovision, incomplete data, other ocular pathology. Data were prospectively collected on pre- and postoperative refraction, keratometry, distance vision, near vision, surgical wound site and Surgically Induced Astigmatism (SIA).
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- Prospective comparative study of tolerance to refractive errors after implantation of extended depth of focus and monofocal intraocular lenses with identical aspheric platform in Korean population.
- Authors: Son HS, Kim SH, Auffarth GU, Choi CY
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 19
- [Visual quality comparison after multifocal toric intraocular lens or monofocal toric intraocular lens implantation].
- Authors: Feng K, Guo HK, Zhang YL, Wu Z
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 11
- Visual outcomes and patient satisfaction after cataract surgery with toric multifocal intraocular lens implantation.
- Authors: Visser N, Nuijts RM, de Vries NE, Bauer NJ
- Issue date: 2011 Nov
- Comparison of a trifocal intraocular lens with a +3.0 D bifocal IOL: results of a prospective randomized clinical trial.
- Authors: Jonker SM, Bauer NJ, Makhotkina NY, Berendschot TT, van den Biggelaar FJ, Nuijts RM
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Bifocal nondiffractive intraocular lens for enhanced depth of focus in correcting presbyopia: Clinical evaluation.
- Authors: Vounotrypidis E, Diener R, Wertheimer C, Kreutzer T, Wolf A, Priglinger S, Mayer WJ
- Issue date: 2017 May