Growth Patterns in the Irish Pyridoxine Nonresponsive Homocystinuria Population and the Influence of Metabolic Control and Protein Intake.
Local subject classificationHomocystinuria
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA low methionine diet is the mainstay of treatment for pyridoxine nonresponsive homocystinuria (HCU). There are various guidelines for recommended protein intakes for HCU and clinical practice varies. Poor growth has been associated with low cystine levels. This retrospective review of 48 Irish pyridoxine nonresponsive HCU patients assessed weight, height, body mass index (BMI), protein intake, and metabolic control up to 18 years at nine set time points. Patients diagnosed through newborn screening (NBS) were compared to late diagnosed (LD) patients. At 18 years the LD group
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States
- Dietary practices in pyridoxine non-responsive homocystinuria: a European survey.
- Authors: Adam S, Almeida MF, Carbasius Weber E, Champion H, Chan H, Daly A, Dixon M, Dokoupil K, Egli D, Evans S, Eyskens F, Faria A, Ferguson C, Hallam P, Heddrich-Ellerbrok M, Jacobs J, Jankowski C, Lachmann R, Lilje R, Link R, Lowry S, Luyten K, MacDonald A, Maritz C, Martins E, Meyer U, Müller E, Murphy E, Robertson LV, Rocha JC, Saruggia I, Schick P, Stafford J, Stoelen L, Terry A, Thom R, van den Hurk T, van Rijn M, van Teefelen-Heithoff A, Webster D, White FJ, Wildgoose J, Zweers H
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- The challenges of pregnancy management in pyridoxine nonresponsive homocystinuria: The Irish experience.
- Authors: Hart C, McNulty J, Cotter M, Al Jasmi F, Crushell E, Monavari AA
- Issue date: 2021 Sep
- The intellectual abilities of early-treated individuals with pyridoxine-nonresponsive homocystinuria due to cystathionine beta-synthase deficiency.
- Authors: Yap S, Rushe H, Howard PM, Naughten ER
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- Newborn screening for homocystinuria: Irish and world experience.
- Authors: Naughten ER, Yap S, Mayne PD
- Issue date: 1998 Apr