Transfusion-transmitted hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection from an individual-donation nucleic acid (ID-NAT) non-reactive donor.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTransfusion-transmitted hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection from an individual-donation nucleic acid (ID-NAT) non-reactive donor. 2018 Vox Sang.
AbstractLookback was initiated upon notification of an acute HBV infection in a repeat Irish donor, 108 days post-donation. The donation screened non-reactive by individual-donation nucleic acid testing (ID-NAT) using the Procleix Ultrio Elite multiplex assay and again when the archived sample was retested, but the discriminatory assay for HBV was reactive. The immunocompromised recipient of the implicated red cell component was tested 110 days post-transfusion, revealing a HBV DNA viral load of 470 IU/ml. Genotype C2 sequences identical across two regions of the HBV genome were found in samples from the donor and recipient.
- Nucleic acid amplification test: Bridging the gap in blood safety & re-evaluation of blood screening for cryptic transfusion-transmitted infection among Indian donors.
- Authors: Datta S, Khillan K, Ranjan V, Wattal C
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Prolonged incubation period of hepatitis B in a recipient of a nucleic acid amplification test-negative hepatitis B virus window donation.
- Authors: Matsuno T, Matsuura H, Fujii S, Tanaka A, Satake M, Kinoshita T, Tomita A, Matsui Y, Sugiura Y, Miura Y
- Issue date: 2021 Sep
- A mathematical approach to estimate the efficacy of individual-donation and minipool nucleic acid amplification test options in preventing transmission risk by window period and occult hepatitis B virus infections.
- Authors: Vermeulen M, van Drimmelen H, Coleman C, Mitchel J, Reddy R, Lelie N
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Hepatitis B virus nucleic acid testing in Chinese blood donors with normal and elevated alanine aminotransferase.
- Authors: Ren FR, Wang JX, Huang Y, Yao FZ, Lv YL, Li JL, Wen GX, Wen XQ, Liu J, Dong XD, Ma HL, Zhou ZM, Bi XH, Tu L, King M, Nelson K, Ness P, Shan H
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Impact of individual-donation nucleic acid testing on risk of human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B virus, and hepatitis C virus transmission by blood transfusion in South Africa.
- Authors: Vermeulen M, Lelie N, Sykes W, Crookes R, Swanevelder J, Gaggia L, Le Roux M, Kuun E, Gulube S, Reddy R
- Issue date: 2009 Jun