Local subject classificationCASE STUDY
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHemorrhagic lesion on the chest wall after trauma. 2018, 4 (1):4-6 JAAD Case Rep
PublisherJAAD case reports
JournalJAAD case reports
AbstractA 59-year-old woman presented with a burning, rapidly progressive mass on the midchest, occurring after a fall, 4 months prior. Examination found a large well-circumscribed mass over the lower xiphisternum (Figs 1 and 2). Results of baseline investigations were normal apart from mildly elevated liver function values. A computerized tomography scan confirmed a 6.4- x 4.9-cm lobulated soft tissue heterogeneous-density mass located in the subcutaneous fat with ill-defined borders and no obvious infiltration of the chest wall. A single focal abnormality was noted in the liver. Several incision/drainage procedures were complicated by difficulty achieving hemostasis. Ellipse incisional biopsy was performed (Figs 3 and 4).
- Single-incision video-assisted thoracoscopic evaluation and emergent surgery for severe lung and chest wall injury after thoracic trauma in a water park.
- Authors: Sesma J, Alvarez M, Lirio F, Galvez C, Galiana M, Baschwitz B, Fornes F, Bolufer S
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Primary chest wall abscess mimicking a breast tumor that occurred after blunt chest trauma: a case report.
- Authors: Yamaoka Y, Yamamura J, Masuda N, Yasojima H, Mizutani M, Nakamori S, Kanazawa T, Kuriyama K, Mano M, Sekimoto M
- Issue date: 2014
- Chest wall and lung mechanics during acute hemorrhage in anesthetized dogs.
- Authors: Sprung J, Mackenzie CF, Green MD, O'Dwyer J, Barnas GM
- Issue date: 1997 Aug
- The effect of pre-injury anti-platelet therapy on the development of complications in isolated blunt chest wall trauma: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Battle C, Hutchings H, Bouamra O, Evans PA
- Issue date: 2014
- The risk factors for the development of complications during the recovery phase following blunt chest wall trauma: a retrospective study.
- Authors: Battle CE, Hutchings H, James K, Evans PA
- Issue date: 2013 Sep