Isolation and gene expression profiling of intestinal epithelial cells: crypt isolation by calcium chelation from in vivo samples.
Docherty, Neil G
Coffey, J Calvin
Winter, Desmond C
O'Connell, P Ronan
Local subject classificationINTESTINE
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIsolation and gene expression profiling of intestinal epithelial cells: crypt isolation by calcium chelation from in vivo samples. 2018, 11:29-37 Clin Exp Gastroenterol
JournalClinical and experimental gastroenterology
AbstractThe epithelial layer within the colon represents a physical barrier between the luminal contents and its underlying mucosa. It plays a pivotal role in mucosal homeostasis, and both tolerance and anti-pathogenic immune responses. Identifying signals of inflammation initiation and responses to stimuli from within the epithelial layer is critical to understanding the molecular pathways underlying disease pathology. This study validated a method to isolate and analyze epithelial populations, enabling investigations of epithelial function and response in a variety of disease setting.
- In Inflamed Intestinal Tissues and Epithelial Cells, Interleukin 22 Signaling Increases Expression of H19 Long Noncoding RNA, Which Promotes Mucosal Regeneration.
- Authors: Geng H, Bu HF, Liu F, Wu L, Pfeifer K, Chou PM, Wang X, Sun J, Lu L, Pandey A, Bartolomei MS, De Plaen IG, Wang P, Yu J, Qian J, Tan XD
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Toll-like receptor expression in crypt epithelial cells, putative stem cells and intestinal myofibroblasts isolated from controls and patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Authors: Brown M, Hughes KR, Moossavi S, Robins A, Mahida YR
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Integrated miRNA and mRNA expression profiling in inflamed colon of patients with ulcerative colitis.
- Authors: Van der Goten J, Vanhove W, Lemaire K, Van Lommel L, Machiels K, Wollants WJ, De Preter V, De Hertogh G, Ferrante M, Van Assche G, Rutgeerts P, Schuit F, Vermeire S, Arijs I
- Issue date: 2014
- MicroRNA 301A Promotes Intestinal Inflammation and Colitis-Associated Cancer Development by Inhibiting BTG1.
- Authors: He C, Yu T, Shi Y, Ma C, Yang W, Fang L, Sun M, Wu W, Xiao F, Guo F, Chen M, Yang H, Qian J, Cong Y, Liu Z
- Issue date: 2017 May
- Activation of Epithelial Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 1 by Interleukin 28 Controls Mucosal Healing in Mice With Colitis and Is Increased in Mucosa of Patients With Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Authors: Chiriac MT, Buchen B, Wandersee A, Hundorfean G, Günther C, Bourjau Y, Doyle SE, Frey B, Ekici AB, Büttner C, Weigmann B, Atreya R, Wirtz S, Becker C, Siebler J, Neurath MF
- Issue date: 2017 Jul