Systematic review of systematic reviews of non-pharmacological interventions to treat behavioural disturbances in older patients with dementia. The SENATOR-OnTop series.
Rimland, Joseph M
Trotta, Fabiana Mirella
Local subject classificationsystematic review
Aged, 80 and over
Home Care Services
Physical Therapy Modalities
Review Literature as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSystematic review of systematic reviews of non-pharmacological interventions to treat behavioural disturbances in older patients with dementia. The SENATOR-OnTop series. 2017, 7 (3):e012759 BMJ Open
AbstractA large number of non-pharmacological interventions for BPSD were identified. The majority of the studies had great variation in how the same type of intervention was defined and applied, the follow-up duration, the type of outcome measured, usually with modest sample size. Overall, music therapy and behavioural management techniques were effective for reducing BPSD.
DescriptionTo provide an overview of nonpharmacological interventions for behavioural and psychological symptoms in dementia (BPSD).
- A systematic review of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of sensory, psychological and behavioural interventions for managing agitation in older adults with dementia.
- Authors: Livingston G, Kelly L, Lewis-Holmes E, Baio G, Morris S, Patel N, Omar RZ, Katona C, Cooper C
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Simulated presence therapy for dementia.
- Authors: Abraha I, Rimland JM, Lozano-Montoya I, Dell'Aquila G, Vélez-Díaz-Pallarés M, Trotta FM, Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Cherubini A
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 18
- Effectiveness of meaningful occupation interventions for people living with dementia in residential aged care: a systematic review.
- Authors: Travers C, Brooks D, Hines S, O'Reilly M, McMaster M, He W, MacAndrew M, Fielding E, Karlsson L, Beattie E
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Efficacy of Non-Pharmacological Interventions to Prevent and Treat Delirium in Older Patients: A Systematic Overview. The SENATOR project ONTOP Series.
- Authors: Abraha I, Trotta F, Rimland JM, Cruz-Jentoft A, Lozano-Montoya I, Soiza RL, Pierini V, Dessì Fulgheri P, Lattanzio F, O'Mahony D, Cherubini A
- Issue date: 2015
- Interventions for fatigue and weight loss in adults with advanced progressive illness.
- Authors: Payne C, Wiffen PJ, Martin S
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 18