Evolution of gut microbiota composition from birth to 24 weeks in the INFANTMET Cohort.
AuthorsHill, Cian J
Lynch, Denise B
Jeffery, Ian B
O'Shea, Carol Anne
Ross, R Paul
Ryan, C Anthony
O' Toole, Paul W
RNA, Ribosomal, 16S
Sequence Analysis, DNA
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEvolution of gut microbiota composition from birth to 24 weeks in the INFANTMET Cohort. 2017, 5 (1):4 Microbiome
AbstractThese findings confirm that mode of delivery and gestational age both have significant effects on early neonatal microbiota composition. There is also a significant difference between the metabolite profile of FT and PT infants. Prolonged breastfeeding was shown to have a significant effect on the microbiota composition of FT-CS infants at 24 weeks of age, but interestingly not on that of FT-SVD infants. Twins had more similar microbiota to one another than between two random infants, reflecting the influence of similarities in both host genetics and the environment on the microbiota..
DescriptionThe gut is the most extensively studied niche of the human microbiome. The aim of this study was to characterise the initial gut microbiota development of a cohort of breastfed infants (n = 192) from 1 to 24 weeks of age
- The development of gut microbiota in critically ill extremely low birth weight infants assessed with 16S rRNA gene based sequencing.
- Authors: Drell T, Lutsar I, Stšepetova J, Parm U, Metsvaht T, Ilmoja ML, Simm J, Sepp E
- Issue date: 2014 May-Jun
- Exposure to household furry pets influences the gut microbiota of infant at 3-4 months following various birth scenarios.
- Authors: Tun HM, Konya T, Takaro TK, Brook JR, Chari R, Field CJ, Guttman DS, Becker AB, Mandhane PJ, Turvey SE, Subbarao P, Sears MR, Scott JA, Kozyrskyj AL, CHILD Study Investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 6
- The Microbiome and Metabolome of Preterm Infant Stool Are Personalized and Not Driven by Health Outcomes, Including Necrotizing Enterocolitis and Late-Onset Sepsis.
- Authors: Wandro S, Osborne S, Enriquez C, Bixby C, Arrieta A, Whiteson K
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 27
- Does the maternal vaginal microbiota play a role in seeding the microbiota of neonatal gut and nose?
- Authors: Sakwinska O, Foata F, Berger B, Brüssow H, Combremont S, Mercenier A, Dogra S, Soh SE, Yen JCK, Heong GYS, Lee YS, Yap F, Meaney MJ, Chong YS, Godfrey KM, Holbrook JD
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 13
- Impact of intrapartum antimicrobial prophylaxis upon the intestinal microbiota and the prevalence of antibiotic resistance genes in vaginally delivered full-term neonates.
- Authors: Nogacka A, Salazar N, Suárez M, Milani C, Arboleya S, Solís G, Fernández N, Alaez L, Hernández-Barranco AM, de Los Reyes-Gavilán CG, Ventura M, Gueimonde M
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 8