2017 update of the WSES guidelines for emergency repair of complicated abdominal wall hernias.
Di Saverio, Salomone
van Ramshorst, Gabrielle H
Moore, Ernest E
Moore, Frederick Alan
Burlew, Clay Cothren
Biffl, Walter L
Fraga, Gustavo P
Ordonez, Carlos A
Kelly, Michael D
Gomes, Carlos Augusto
Faro, Mario Paulo
Lee, Jae Gil
Kok, Kenneth Y Y
Ghnnam, Wagih M
Abbas, Ashraf El-Sayed
Adesunkanmi, Abdul Rashid K
Lohse, Helmut Alfredo Segovia
Kirkpatrick, Andrew W
MetadataShow full item record
Citation2017 update of the WSES guidelines for emergency repair of complicated abdominal wall hernias. 2017, 12:37 World J Emerg Surg
JournalWorld journal of emergency surgery : WJES
AbstractEmergency repair of complicated abdominal wall hernias may be associated with worsen outcome and a significant rate of postoperative complications. There is no consensus on management of complicated abdominal hernias. The main matter of debate is about the use of mesh in case of intestinal resection and the type of mesh to be used. Wound infection is the most common complication encountered and represents an immense burden especially in the presence of a mesh. The recurrence rate is an important topic that influences the final outcome. A World Society of Emergency Surgery (WSES) Consensus Conference was held in Bergamo in July 2013 with the aim to define recommendations for emergency repair of abdominal wall hernias in adults. This document represents the executive summary of the consensus conference approved by a WSES expert panel. In 2016, the guidelines have been revised and updated according to the most recent available literature.
- WSES guidelines for emergency repair of complicated abdominal wall hernias.
- Authors: Sartelli M, Coccolini F, van Ramshorst GH, Campanelli G, Mandalà V, Ansaloni L, Moore EE, Peitzman A, Velmahos G, Moore FA, Leppaniemi A, Burlew CC, Biffl W, Koike K, Kluger Y, Fraga GP, Ordonez CA, Di Saverio S, Agresta F, Sakakushev B, Gerych I, Wani I, Kelly MD, Gomes CA, Faro MP Jr, Taviloglu K, Demetrashvili Z, Lee JG, Vettoretto N, Guercioni G, Tranà C, Cui Y, Kok KY, Ghnnam WM, Abbas Ael-S, Sato N, Marwah S, Rangarajan M, Ben-Ishay O, Adesunkanmi AR, Segovia Lohse HA, Kenig J, Mandalà S, Patrizi A, Scibé R, Catena F
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 1
- Preliminary results of a two-layered prosthetic repair for recurrent inguinal and ventral hernias combining open and laparoscopic techniques.
- Authors: Treviño JM, Franklin ME Jr, Berghoff KR, Glass JL, Jaramillo EJ
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Outcomes Analysis of Biologic Mesh Use for Abdominal Wall Reconstruction in Clean-Contaminated and Contaminated Ventral Hernia Repair.
- Authors: Sbitany H, Kwon E, Chern H, Finlayson E, Varma MG, Hansen SL
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Surgery for incarcerated hernia: short-term outcome with or without mesh.
- Authors: Venara A, Hubner M, Le Naoures P, Hamel JF, Hamy A, Demartines N
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Porcine dermal collagen (Permacol) for abdominal wall reconstruction.
- Authors: Parker DM, Armstrong PJ, Frizzi JD, North JH Jr
- Issue date: 2006 Jul-Aug