A comparison of multimodal therapy and surgery for esophageal adenocarcinoma.
Local subject classificationAdenocarcinoma/therapy
Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
Combined Modality Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA comparison of multimodal therapy and surgery for esophageal adenocarcinoma. 1996, 335 (7):462-7 N. Engl. J. Med.
JournalThe New England journal of medicine
AbstractUncontrolled studies suggest that a combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy improves the survival of patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma. We conducted a prospective, randomized trial comparing surgery alone with combined chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.
- Mature survival results with preoperative cisplatin, protracted infusion 5-fluorouracil, and 44-Gy radiotherapy for esophageal cancer.
- Authors: Kleinberg L, Knisely JP, Heitmiller R, Zahurak M, Salem R, Burtness B, Heath EI, Forastiere AA
- Issue date: 2003 Jun 1
- Combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy compared with radiotherapy alone in patients with cancer of the esophagus.
- Authors: Herskovic A, Martz K, al-Sarraf M, Leichman L, Brindle J, Vaitkevicius V, Cooper J, Byhardt R, Davis L, Emami B
- Issue date: 1992 Jun 11
- A three-step strategy of induction chemotherapy then chemoradiation followed by surgery in patients with potentially resectable carcinoma of the esophagus or gastroesophageal junction.
- Authors: Ajani JA, Komaki R, Putnam JB, Walsh G, Nesbitt J, Pisters PW, Lynch PM, Vaporciyan A, Smythe R, Lahoti S, Raijman I, Swisher S, Martin FD, Roth JA
- Issue date: 2001 Jul 15
- Chemotherapy followed by surgery compared with surgery alone for localized esophageal cancer.
- Authors: Kelsen DP, Ginsberg R, Pajak TF, Sheahan DG, Gunderson L, Mortimer J, Estes N, Haller DG, Ajani J, Kocha W, Minsky BD, Roth JA
- Issue date: 1998 Dec 31
- ESOPEC: prospective randomized controlled multicenter phase III trial comparing perioperative chemotherapy (FLOT protocol) to neoadjuvant chemoradiation (CROSS protocol) in patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagus (NCT02509286).
- Authors: Hoeppner J, Lordick F, Brunner T, Glatz T, Bronsert P, Röthling N, Schmoor C, Lorenz D, Ell C, Hopt UT, Siewert JR
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 19