A comparison of multimodal therapy and surgery for esophageal adenocarcinoma.
Local subject classificationAdenocarcinoma/therapy
Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
Combined Modality Therapy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA comparison of multimodal therapy and surgery for esophageal adenocarcinoma. 1996, 335 (7):462-7 N. Engl. J. Med.
JournalThe New England journal of medicine
AbstractUncontrolled studies suggest that a combination of chemotherapy and radiotherapy improves the survival of patients with esophageal adenocarcinoma. We conducted a prospective, randomized trial comparing surgery alone with combined chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.
- Combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy compared with radiotherapy alone in patients with cancer of the esophagus.
- Authors: Herskovic A, Martz K, al-Sarraf M, Leichman L, Brindle J, Vaitkevicius V, Cooper J, Byhardt R, Davis L, Emami B
- Issue date: 1992 Jun 11
- Chemotherapy followed by surgery compared with surgery alone for localized esophageal cancer.
- Authors: Kelsen DP, Ginsberg R, Pajak TF, Sheahan DG, Gunderson L, Mortimer J, Estes N, Haller DG, Ajani J, Kocha W, Minsky BD, Roth JA
- Issue date: 1998 Dec 31
- Induction chemotherapy improved outcomes of patients with resectable esophageal cancer who received chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery.
- Authors: Jin J, Liao Z, Zhang Z, Ajani J, Swisher S, Chang JY, Jeter M, Guerrero T, Stevens CW, Vaporciyan A, Putnam J Jr, Walsh G, Smythe R, Roth J, Yao J, Allen P, Cox JD, Komaki R
- Issue date: 2004 Oct 1
- Chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery compared with surgery alone in squamous-cell cancer of the esophagus.
- Authors: Bosset JF, Gignoux M, Triboulet JP, Tiret E, Mantion G, Elias D, Lozach P, Ollier JC, Pavy JJ, Mercier M, Sahmoud T
- Issue date: 1997 Jul 17
- [Clinical analysis of 108 cases with adenocarcinoma Barretts's esophagus].
- Authors: Han JQ, Liu Q, Liang RX, Qu FS, Yan TX, Sun YH, Li XQ
- Issue date: 2007 Jun