Opt-Out Panel Testing for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C in an Urban Emergency Department: A Pilot Study.
Plunkett, Patrick K
Emergency Service, Hospital
Hepatitis B Surface Antigens
Hepatitis C Antibodies
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOpt-Out Panel Testing for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C in an Urban Emergency Department: A Pilot Study. 2016, 11 (3):e0150546 PLoS ONE
AbstractStudies suggest 2 per 1000 people in Dublin are living with HIV, the level above which universal screening is advised. We aimed to assess the feasibility and acceptability of a universal opt-out HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C testing programme for Emergency Department patients and to describe the incidence and prevalence of blood-borne viruses in this population.
- Incorporating HIV/hepatitis B virus/hepatitis C virus combined testing into routine blood tests in nine UK Emergency Departments: the "Going Viral" campaign.
- Authors: Orkin C, Flanagan S, Wallis E, Ireland G, Dhairyawan R, Fox J, Nandwani R, O'Connell R, Lascar M, Bulman J, Reeves I, Palfreeman A, Foster GR, Ahmad K, Anderson J, Tong CY, Lattimore S
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Seroprevalence of HCV, HBV and HIV in two inner-city London emergency departments.
- Authors: Cieply L, Simmons R, Ijaz S, Kara E, Rodger A, Rosenberg W, McGuinness A, Mbisa JL, Ledesma J, Ohemeng-Kumi N, Dicks S, Potts H, Lattimore S, Mandal S
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Opt-out testing for blood-borne viruses in primary care: a multicentre, prospective study.
- Authors: O'Kelly M, Byrne D, Naughten E, Bergin C, Williams C
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Opt-out bloodborne virus screening: a cross-sectional observational study in an acute medical unit.
- Authors: Allen N, Faherty C, Davies A, Lyons A, Scarry M, Bohan Keane M, Boyle N, O'Connell S, McCarthy E, Keady D, Bergin C, Lee J, Fleming C, Gallagher D, Tuite H
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 16
- HIV/HCV/HBV testing in the emergency department: a feasibility and seroprevalence study.
- Authors: Bradshaw D, Rae C, Rayment M, Turner N, Turner R, Pickard G, Pillay K, Roberts P, Foxton M, Sullivan AK
- Issue date: 2018 Feb