Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibition and narrow-band ultraviolet-B light in psoriasis (DINUP): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
Ahern, Tomás B
Dipeptidyl-Peptidase IV Inhibitors
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibition and narrow-band ultraviolet-B light in psoriasis (DINUP): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. 2016, 17:29 Trials
PublisherBioMed Central Trials
AbstractModerate to severe psoriasis is a systemic inflammatory disease associated with insulin resistance, obesity and type 2 diabetes (T2DM). Sitagliptin is a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor that improves glycaemia and has a marketing authorisation for the treatment of T2DM. Non-immunosuppressive therapies that are effective for psoriasis and its associated comorbidities would be a significant advance in the treatment of this chronic disease.
- Narrow-band ultraviolet B phototherapy versus broad-band ultraviolet B or psoralen-ultraviolet A photochemotherapy for psoriasis.
- Authors: Chen X, Yang M, Cheng Y, Liu GJ, Zhang M
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 23
- Synergism between narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy and etanercept for the treatment of plaque-type psoriasis.
- Authors: Calzavara-Pinton PG, Sala R, Arisi M, Rossi MT, Venturini M, Ortel B
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Systematic review of UV-based therapy for psoriasis.
- Authors: Almutawa F, Alnomair N, Wang Y, Hamzavi I, Lim HW
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Utilization of narrow-band ultraviolet light B therapy and etanercept for the treatment of psoriasis (UNITE): efficacy, safety, and patient-reported outcomes.
- Authors: Kircik L, Bagel J, Korman N, Menter A, Elmets CA, Koo J, Yang YC, Chiou CF, Dann F, Stevens SR, Unite Study Group.
- Issue date: 2008 Mar