Peitzmann, A B
Balogh, Z J
Burlew, C C
Campanile, F C
De Moya, M
Di Saverio, S
Fraga, G P
Kelly, M D
Maier, R V
Stahel, P F
Velmahos, G C
Weber, D G
Gurusamy, K S
Moore, E E
MetadataShow full item record
Citation2016 WSES guidelines on acute calculous cholecystitis. 2016, 11:25 World J Emerg Surg
JournalWorld journal of emergency surgery : WJES
AbstractAcute calculus cholecystitis is a very common disease with several area of uncertainty. The World Society of Emergency Surgery developed extensive guidelines in order to cover grey areas. The diagnostic criteria, the antimicrobial therapy, the evaluation of associated common bile duct stones, the identification of "high risk" patients, the surgical timing, the type of surgery, and the alternatives to surgery are discussed. Moreover the algorithm is proposed: as soon as diagnosis is made and after the evaluation of choledocholitiasis risk, laparoscopic cholecystectomy should be offered to all patients exception of those with high risk of morbidity or mortality. These Guidelines must be considered as an adjunctive tool for decision but they are not substitute of the clinical judgement for the individual patient.
- 2020 World Society of Emergency Surgery updated guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute calculus cholecystitis.
- Authors: Pisano M, Allievi N, Gurusamy K, Borzellino G, Cimbanassi S, Boerna D, Coccolini F, Tufo A, Di Martino M, Leung J, Sartelli M, Ceresoli M, Maier RV, Poiasina E, De Angelis N, Magnone S, Fugazzola P, Paolillo C, Coimbra R, Di Saverio S, De Simone B, Weber DG, Sakakushev BE, Lucianetti A, Kirkpatrick AW, Fraga GP, Wani I, Biffl WL, Chiara O, Abu-Zidan F, Moore EE, Leppäniemi A, Kluger Y, Catena F, Ansaloni L
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 5
- Surgical treatment of biliary tract infections.
- Authors: Lillemoe KD
- Issue date: 2000 Feb
- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous transhepatic drainage of gallbladder followed by cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis--10 years' experience.
- Authors: Wong SR, Lee KT, Kuo KK, Chen JS, Ker CG, Sheen PC
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Palliative percutaneous transhepatic gallbladder drainage of gallbladder empyema before laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- Authors: Tseng LJ, Tsai CC, Mo LR, Lin RC, Kuo JY, Chang KK, Jao YT
- Issue date: 2000 Jul-Aug
- [Surgical treatment in acute cholecystitis emergencies].
- Authors: Amendolara M, Perri S, Pasquale E, Biasiato R
- Issue date: 2001 May-Jun