Potentially inappropriate prescribing in two populations with differing socio-economic profiles: a cross-sectional database study using the PROMPT criteria.
AuthorsCooper, Janine A
Smith, Susan M
Hughes, Carmel M
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPotentially inappropriate prescribing in two populations with differing socio-economic profiles: a cross-sectional database study using the PROMPT criteria. 2016: Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol.
JournalEuropean journal of clinical pharmacology
AbstractPIP is common amongst middle-aged people with the risk of PIP increasing with polypharmacy. Differences in the prevalence of polypharmacy and PIP between the two populations may relate to heterogeneity in healthcare services and different socio-economic profiles, with higher rates of multimorbidity and associated polypharmacy in more deprived groups.
- Potentially Inappropriate Prescribing Among People with Dementia in Primary Care: A Retrospective Cross-Sectional Study Using the Enhanced Prescribing Database.
- Authors: Barry HE, Cooper JA, Ryan C, Passmore AP, Robinson AL, Molloy GJ, Darcy CM, Buchanan H, Hughes CM
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 11
- Potentially inappropriate prescribing and cost outcomes for older people: a cross-sectional study using the Northern Ireland Enhanced Prescribing Database.
- Authors: Bradley MC, Fahey T, Cahir C, Bennett K, O'Reilly D, Parsons C, Hughes CM
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Prevalence of potentially inappropriate prescribing and prescribing omissions in older Irish adults: findings from The Irish LongituDinal Study on Ageing study (TILDA).
- Authors: Galvin R, Moriarty F, Cousins G, Cahir C, Motterlini N, Bradley M, Hughes CM, Bennett K, Smith SM, Fahey T, Kenny RA
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Potentially inappropriate prescribing and cost outcomes for older people: a national population study.
- Authors: Cahir C, Fahey T, Teeling M, Teljeur C, Feely J, Bennett K
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Prescriber variation in potentially inappropriate prescribing in older populations in Ireland.
- Authors: Cahir C, Fahey T, Teljeur C, Bennett K
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 2