LC3B globular structures correlate with survival in esophageal adenocarcinoma.
O'Donovan, Tracey R
Kay, Elaine W
Abdallah, Ayat R
O'Sullivan, Gerald C
McKenna, Sharon L
Cell Line, Tumor
MetadataShow full item record
CitationLC3B globular structures correlate with survival in esophageal adenocarcinoma. 2015, 15:582 BMC Cancer
AbstractEsophageal adenocarcinoma has the fastest growing incidence of any solid tumor in the Western world. Prognosis remains poor with overall five-year survival rates under 25 %. Only a limited number of patients benefit from chemotherapy and there are no biomarkers that can predict outcome. Previous studies have indicated that induction of autophagy can influence various aspects of tumor cell biology, including chemosensitivity. The objective of this study was to assess whether expression of the autophagy marker (LC3B) correlated with patient outcome.
SponsorsThis work was funded by the Egyptian Education Bureau. We are also grateful to the Higher Education Authority of Ireland and Breakthrough Cancer Research for financial support.
- Prognostic relevance of autophagy markers LC3B and p62 in esophageal adenocarcinomas.
- Authors: Adams O, Dislich B, Berezowska S, Schläfli AM, Seiler CA, Kröll D, Tschan MP, Langer R
- Issue date: 2016 Jun 28
- A specific expression profile of LC3B and p62 is associated with nonresponse to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in esophageal adenocarcinomas.
- Authors: Adams O, Janser FA, Dislich B, Berezowska S, Humbert M, Seiler CA, Kroell D, Slotta-Huspenina J, Feith M, Ott K, Tschan MP, Langer R
- Issue date: 2018
- Prognostic significance of p62/SQSTM1 subcellular localization and LC3B in oral squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Liu JL, Chen FF, Lung J, Lo CH, Lee FH, Lu YC, Hung CH
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 26
- Correlation of altered expression of the autophagy marker LC3B with poor prognosis in astrocytoma.
- Authors: Winardi D, Tsai HP, Chai CY, Chung CL, Loh JK, Chen YH, Hsieh CL
- Issue date: 2014
- The residual tumor autophagy marker LC3B serves as a prognostic marker in local advanced breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Authors: Chen S, Jiang YZ, Huang L, Zhou RJ, Yu KD, Liu Y, Shao ZM
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 15