Identifying novel hypoxia-associated markers of chemoresistance in ovarian cancer.
AuthorsMcEvoy, Lynda M
O'Toole, Sharon A
Spillane, Cathy D
Martin, Cara M
Gallagher, Michael F
O'Leary, John J
Cell Line, Tumor
Drug Resistance, Neoplasm
Gene Expression Regulation, Neoplastic
Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1, alpha Subunit
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIdentifying novel hypoxia-associated markers of chemoresistance in ovarian cancer. 2015, 15:547 BMC Cancer
AbstractOvarian cancer is associated with poor long-term survival due to late diagnosis and development of chemoresistance. Tumour hypoxia is associated with many features of tumour aggressiveness including increased cellular proliferation, inhibition of apoptosis, increased invasion and metastasis, and chemoresistance, mostly mediated through hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1α. While HIF-1α has been associated with platinum resistance in a variety of cancers, including ovarian, relatively little is known about the importance of the duration of hypoxia. Similarly, the gene pathways activated in ovarian cancer which cause chemoresistance as a result of hypoxia are poorly understood. This study aimed to firstly investigate the effect of hypoxia duration on resistance to cisplatin in an ovarian cancer chemoresistance cell line model and to identify genes whose expression was associated with hypoxia-induced chemoresistance.
- SENP1 desensitizes hypoxic ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin by up-regulating HIF-1α.
- Authors: Ao Q, Su W, Guo S, Cai L, Huang L
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 9
- Hypoxia induced paclitaxel resistance in human ovarian cancers via hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha.
- Authors: Huang L, Ao Q, Zhang Q, Yang X, Xing H, Li F, Chen G, Zhou J, Wang S, Xu G, Meng L, Lu Y, Ma D
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Overcoming cisplatin resistance of ovarian cancer cells by targeting HIF-1-regulated cancer metabolism.
- Authors: Ai Z, Lu Y, Qiu S, Fan Z
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 1
- Interaction between p53 and Ras signaling controls cisplatin resistance via HDAC4- and HIF-1α-mediated regulation of apoptosis and autophagy.
- Authors: Zhang X, Qi Z, Yin H, Yang G
- Issue date: 2019
- Sulforaphane reduces molecular response to hypoxia in ovarian tumor cells independently of their resistance to chemotherapy.
- Authors: Pastorek M, Simko V, Takacova M, Barathova M, Bartosova M, Hunakova L, Sedlakova O, Hudecova S, Krizanova O, Dequiedt F, Pastorekova S, Sedlak J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul