The efficacy of an extended scope physiotherapy clinic in paediatric orthopaedics.
AuthorsO Mir, Marie
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe efficacy of an extended scope physiotherapy clinic in paediatric orthopaedics. 2016, 10 (2):169-75 J Child Orthop
PublisherJournal of children's orthopaedics
JournalJournal of children's orthopaedics
AbstractThe demand for paediatric orthopaedic care is growing, and providing the service required is an increasingly challenging task. Physiotherapist-led triage clinics are utilised in adult orthopaedics to enable the provision of care to patients who may not require a surgical consult. The Physiotherapy Orthopaedic Triage Clinic (POTC) was established in Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin in response to increasing demands on the paediatric orthopaedic service. The clinic is run by physiotherapists working in an advanced practice role (APP), and is the first paediatric clinic of its type and scale in the Republic of Ireland.
- Advanced practice physiotherapy in paediatric orthopaedics: innovation and collaboration to improve service delivery.
- Authors: Ó Mír M, O'Sullivan C
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Advanced practice physiotherapy-led triage in Irish orthopaedic and rheumatology services: national data audit.
- Authors: Fennelly O, Blake C, FitzGerald O, Breen R, Ashton J, Brennan A, Caffrey A, Desmeules F, Cunningham C
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 1
- A physiotherapy specialist clinic in paediatric orthopaedics: is it effective?
- Authors: Belthur MV, Clegg J, Strange A
- Issue date: 2003 Dec
- The Experience and Effectiveness of Nurse Practitioners in Orthopaedic Settings: A Comprehensive Systematic Review.
- Authors: Taylor A, Staruchowicz L
- Issue date: 2012
- Advanced musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice in Ireland: A National Survey.
- Authors: Fennelly O, Blake C, FitzGerald O, Breen R, O'Sullivan C, O'Mir M, Desmeules F, Cunningham C
- Issue date: 2018 Dec