Differences between Irish and Australian psychiatric nurses' family-focused practice in adult mental health services
KeywordsMENTAL HEALTH NURSING
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDifferences Between Irish and Australian Psychiatric Nurses' Family-Focused Practice in Adult Mental Health Services. 2016, 30 (2):132-7 Arch Psychiatr Nurs
JournalArchives of psychiatric nursing
AbstractPsychiatric nurses' practice with parents who have mental illness, their children and families is an important issue internationally. This study provides a comparison of Irish and Australian psychiatric nurses' family-focused practices in adult mental health services. Three hundred and forty three nurses across Ireland and 155 from Australia completed the Family Focused Mental Health Practice Questionnaire. Cross-country comparisons revealed significant differences, in terms of family-focused skill, knowledge, confidence and practice. Australian psychiatric nurses engaged in higher family-focused practice compared to Irish nurses. The comparative differences between countries may be attributable to differences in training, workplace support and policy.
- The Impact of Organizational Factors and Government Policy on Psychiatric Nurses' Family-Focused Practice With Parents Who Have Mental Illness, Their Dependent Children, and Families in Ireland.
- Authors: Grant A, Reupert A
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Profession differences in family focused practice in the adult mental health system.
- Authors: Maybery D, Goodyear M, O'Hanlon B, Cuff R, Reupert A
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Predictors and enablers of mental health nurses' family-focused practice.
- Authors: Grant A, Reupert A, Maybery D, Goodyear M
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Nurses' attitudes to mental illness: a comparison of a sample of nurses from five European countries.
- Authors: Chambers M, Guise V, Välimäki M, Botelho MA, Scott A, Staniuliené V, Zanotti R
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Mental health professionals' family-focused practice with families with dependent children: a survey study.
- Authors: Tungpunkom P, Maybery D, Reupert A, Kowalenko N, Foster K
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 8