Paediatric cyclical Cushing's disease due to corticotroph cell hyperplasia.
Local subject classificationCUSHING'S DISEASE
Pituitary ACTH Hypersecretion
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPaediatric cyclical Cushing's disease due to corticotroph cell hyperplasia. 2015, 15:27 BMC Endocr Disord
JournalBMC endocrine disorders
AbstractCushing's disease is very rare in the paediatric population. Although uncommon, corticotroph hyperplasia causing Cushing's syndrome has been described in the adult population, but appears to be extremely rare in children. Likewise, cyclical cortisol hypersecretion, while accounting for 15 % of adult cases of Cushing's disease, has only rarely been described in the paediatric population. Here, we describe a very rare case of a 13-year old boy with cyclical cortisol hypersecretion secondary to corticotroph cell hyperplasia.
- Desmopressin test in the diagnosis and follow-up of cyclical Cushing's disease.
- Authors: Leal-Cerro A, Martín-Rodríguez JF, Ibáñez-Costa A, Madrazo-Atutxa A, Venegas-Moreno E, León-Justel A, García-Hernández N, Luque RM, Castaño JP, Cano DA, Soto-Moreno A
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Cushing's disease.
- Authors: Bertagna X, Guignat L, Groussin L, Bertherat J
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Pituitary corticotroph hyperplasia preceding adenoma in a patient with Nelson's syndrome.
- Authors: Kovacs K, Horvath E, Coire C, Cusimano M, Smyth H, Scheithauer BW, Lloyd RV
- Issue date: 2006 Mar-Apr
- A comparison of the use of urinary cortisol to creatinine ratios and nocturnal salivary cortisol in the evaluation of cyclicity in patients with Cushing's syndrome.
- Authors: Graham UM, Hunter SJ, McDonnell M, Mullan KR, Atkinson AB
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Cyclical Cushing's disease. A case report.
- Authors: Velkeniers B, Beckers A, Stevenaert A, Smits J, Finné E, Vanhaelst L
- Issue date: 1991 Jun