Morris, D W
Da Costa, A
Foxe, J J
Event-Related Potentials, P300
Evoked Potentials, Auditory
Kruppel-Like Transcription Factors
Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEffects of ZNF804A on auditory P300 response in schizophrenia. 2014, 4:e345 Transl Psychiatry
PublisherNature Publishing Group
AbstractThe common variant rs1344706 within the zinc-finger protein gene ZNF804A has been strongly implicated in schizophrenia (SZ) susceptibility by a series of recent genetic association studies. Although associated with a pattern of altered neural connectivity, evidence that increased risk is mediated by an effect on cognitive deficits associated with the disorder has been equivocal. This study investigated whether the same ZNF804A risk allele was associated with variation in the P300 auditory-evoked response, a cognitively relevant putative endophenotype for SZ. We compared P300 responses in carriers and noncarriers of the ZNF804A risk allele genotype groups in Irish patients and controls (n=97). P300 response was observed to vary according to genotype in this sample, such that risk allele carriers showed relatively higher P300 response compared with noncarriers. This finding accords with behavioural data reported by our group and others. It is also consistent with the idea that ZNF804A may have an impact on cortical efficiency, reflected in the higher levels of activations required to achieve comparable behavioural accuracy on the task used.
- Analysis of schizophrenia-related genes and electrophysiological measures reveals ZNF804A association with amplitude of P300b elicited by novel sounds.
- Authors: Del Re EC, Bergen SE, Mesholam-Gately RI, Niznikiewicz MA, Goldstein JM, Woo TU, Shenton ME, Seidman LJ, McCarley RW, Petryshen TL
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 14
- Evidence of allelic imbalance in the schizophrenia susceptibility gene ZNF804A in human dorsolateral prefrontal cortex.
- Authors: Guella I, Sequeira A, Rollins B, Morgan L, Myers RM, Watson SJ, Akil H, Bunney WE, Delisi LE, Byerley W, Vawter MP
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Psychosis susceptibility gene ZNF804A and cognitive performance in schizophrenia.
- Authors: Walters JT, Corvin A, Owen MJ, Williams H, Dragovic M, Quinn EM, Judge R, Smith DJ, Norton N, Giegling I, Hartmann AM, Möller HJ, Muglia P, Moskvina V, Dwyer S, O'Donoghue T, Morar B, Cooper M, Chandler D, Jablensky A, Gill M, Kaladjieva L, Morris DW, O'Donovan MC, Rujescu D, Donohoe G
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- The impact of CACNA1C gene, and its epistasis with ZNF804A, on white matter microstructure in health, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder<sup>1</sup>.
- Authors: Mallas E, Carletti F, Chaddock CA, Shergill S, Woolley J, Picchioni MM, McDonald C, Toulopoulou T, Kravariti E, Kalidindi S, Bramon E, Murray R, Barker GJ, Prata DP
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Altered cortical network dynamics: a potential intermediate phenotype for schizophrenia and association with ZNF804A.
- Authors: Rasetti R, Sambataro F, Chen Q, Callicott JH, Mattay VS, Weinberger DR
- Issue date: 2011 Dec