The microbiology of bacterial peritonitis due to appendicitis in children.
Amoxicillin-Potassium Clavulanate Combination
Drug Resistance, Bacterial
Escherichia coli Infections
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe microbiology of bacterial peritonitis due to appendicitis in children. 2014, 183 (4):585-91 Ir J Med Sci
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractThe aim of this study was to investigate the microbiology of secondary bacterial peritonitis due to appendicitis and the appropriateness of current antimicrobial practice in one institution.
- Community-acquired complicated intra-abdominal infections in children hospitalized during 1995-2004 at a paediatric surgery department.
- Authors: Newman N, Wattad E, Greenberg D, Peled N, Cohen Z, Leibovitz E
- Issue date: 2009
- Peritoneal fluid culture and antibiotic treatment in patients with perforated appendicitis in a Pacific Island.
- Authors: Boueil A, Guégan H, Colot J, D'Ortenzio E, Guerrier G
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Amoxicillin/clavulanate (Augmentin) resistant Escherichia coli in bacterial peritonitis after abdominal surgery--clinical outcome in ICU patients.
- Authors: Rahnama'i MS, Wagenvoort JH, van der Linden CJ
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Treatment of secondary peritonitis: is a less expensive broad-spectrum antibiotic as effective as a carbapenem?
- Authors: Genné D, Menetrey A, Jaquet A, Indino P, Sénéchaud C, Siegrist HH
- Issue date: 2003
- Evidence-based adjustment of antibiotic in pediatric complicated appendicitis in the era of antibiotic resistance.
- Authors: Chan KW, Lee KH, Mou JW, Cheung ST, Sihoe JD, Tam YH
- Issue date: 2010 Feb