Dose-related effects of vitamin D on immune responses in patients with clinically isolated syndrome and healthy control participants: study protocol for an exploratory randomized double- blind placebo-controlled trial.
CD4 Lymphocyte Count
Dose-Response Relationship, Drug
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDose-related effects of vitamin D on immune responses in patients with clinically isolated syndrome and healthy control participants: study protocol for an exploratory randomized double- blind placebo-controlled trial. 2013, 14:272 Trials
AbstractThere is increasing evidence linking vitamin D deficiency to both susceptibility to, and severity of, multiple sclerosis (MS). Patients with the clinically isolated syndrome represent the initial presentation of a demyelinating disorder, and those with asymptomatic lesions on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are at risk of progression to clinically definite MS. The aims of this study are to examine the immunologic effects of vitamin D in both healthy individuals and in patients with clinically isolated syndrome, and in the latter group the effects on disease progression assessed by MRI and clinical measures.
- Efficacy of vitamin D supplementation in multiple sclerosis (EVIDIMS Trial): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Dörr J, Ohlraun S, Skarabis H, Paul F
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 8
- Vitamin D as an early predictor of multiple sclerosis activity and progression.
- Authors: Ascherio A, Munger KL, White R, Köchert K, Simon KC, Polman CH, Freedman MS, Hartung HP, Miller DH, Montalbán X, Edan G, Barkhof F, Pleimes D, Radü EW, Sandbrink R, Kappos L, Pohl C
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Oral teriflunomide for patients with a first clinical episode suggestive of multiple sclerosis (TOPIC): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Miller AE, Wolinsky JS, Kappos L, Comi G, Freedman MS, Olsson TP, Bauer D, Benamor M, Truffinet P, O'Connor PW, TOPIC Study Group.
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- A randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial with vitamin D3 as an add on treatment to interferon β-1b in patients with multiple sclerosis.
- Authors: Soilu-Hänninen M, Aivo J, Lindström BM, Elovaara I, Sumelahti ML, Färkkilä M, Tienari P, Atula S, Sarasoja T, Herrala L, Keskinarkaus I, Kruger J, Kallio T, Rocca MA, Filippi M
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Cholecalciferol plus calcium suppresses abnormal PBMC reactivity in patients with multiple sclerosis.
- Authors: Kimball S, Vieth R, Dosch HM, Bar-Or A, Cheung R, Gagne D, O'Connor P, D'Souza C, Ursell M, Burton JM
- Issue date: 2011 Sep