An analysis of challenging behavior, comorbid psychopathology, and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Fragile X Syndrome.
ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAn analysis of challenging behavior, comorbid psychopathology, and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Fragile X Syndrome. 2015, 38:7-17 Res Dev Disabil
JournalResearch in developmental disabilities
AbstractThe present study sought to investigate the relationship between challenging behavior, comorbid psychopathology, and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD) in Fragile X Syndrome (FRAX). Additionally, this study sought to examine how such disorders are predicted by gender, presence of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and presence of intellectual disability (ID). A total of 47 children and adolescents with FRAX were assessed. Results revealed high levels of challenging behavior and AD/HD symptoms within the sample, with some participants exhibiting symptoms of comorbid psychopathology. Further analysis revealed that challenging behavior and comorbid psychopathology were positively correlated, with stereotypy correlating most strongly with comorbid psychopathology. In addition, ASD was found to predict challenging behavior, and gender was found to predict AD/HD symptoms. The implications of these findings are discussed.
- A comparison of tantrum behavior profiles in children with ASD, ADHD and comorbid ASD and ADHD.
- Authors: Goldin RL, Matson JL, Tureck K, Cervantes PE, Jang J
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Self-injurious behaviour in individuals with autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disability.
- Authors: Richards C, Oliver C, Nelson L, Moss J
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Commonly studied comorbid psychopathologies among persons with autism spectrum disorder.
- Authors: Matson JL, Cervantes PE
- Issue date: 2014 May
- An examination of the relationship between autism spectrum disorder, intellectual functioning, and comorbid symptoms in children.
- Authors: Tureck K, Matson JL, Cervantes P, Konst MJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- [Comparing the comorbidity of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in childhood and adolescence].
- Authors: Keresztény A, Dallos G, Miklósi M, Róka A, Gádoros J, Balázs J
- Issue date: 2012