Clinical characteristics, management, and control of permanent vs. nonpermanent atrial fibrillation: insights from the RealiseAF survey.
Affiliation5Connolly/Mater Hospitals/Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationATRIAL FIBRILLATION
Aged, 80 and over
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClinical characteristics, management, and control of permanent vs. nonpermanent atrial fibrillation: insights from the RealiseAF survey. 2014, 9 (1):e86443 PLoS ONE
AbstractAtrial fibrillation can be categorized into nonpermanent and permanent atrial fibrillation. There is less information on permanent than on nonpermanent atrial fibrillation patients. This analysis aimed to describe the characteristics and current management, including the proportion of patients with successful atrial fibrillation control, of these atrial fibrillation subsets in a large, geographically diverse contemporary sample.
SponsorsThe RealiseAF survey was funded by sanofi (http://en.sanofi.com). The funders had a role in the study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, and preparation of the manuscript: the sanofi author assisted with the preparation of the manuscript and approved the manuscript for publication; sanofi had a role in data analysis via funding of the statistician at Lincoln; and PPSI was supported by sanofi.
- Distribution and risk profile of paroxysmal, persistent, and permanent atrial fibrillation in routine clinical practice: insight from the real-life global survey evaluating patients with atrial fibrillation international registry.
- Authors: Chiang CE, Naditch-Brûlé L, Murin J, Goethals M, Inoue H, O'Neill J, Silva-Cardoso J, Zharinov O, Gamra H, Alam S, Ponikowski P, Lewalter T, Rosenqvist M, Steg PG
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 1
- A prospective, randomized controlled trial comparing the efficacy and safety of sotalol, amiodarone, and digoxin for the reversion of new-onset atrial fibrillation.
- Authors: Joseph AP, Ward MR
- Issue date: 2000 Jul
- Inappropriate use of antiarrhythmic drugs in paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation in a large contemporary international survey: insights from RealiseAF.
- Authors: Chiang CE, Goethals M, O'Neill JO, Naditch-Brûlé L, Brette S, Gamra H, Zharinov O, Steg PG, RealiseAF survey investigators.
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Early outcome of initiating amiodarone for atrial fibrillation in advanced heart failure.
- Authors: Weinfeld MS, Drazner MH, Stevenson WG, Stevenson LW
- Issue date: 2000 Jul
- An evaluation of the strategy of maintenance of sinus rhythm by antiarrhythmic drug therapy after ablation and pacing therapy in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.
- Authors: Brignole M, Menozzi C, Gasparini M, Bongiorni MG, Botto GL, Ometto R, Alboni P, Bruna C, Vincenti A, Verlato R, PAF 2 Study Investigators.
- Issue date: 2002 Jun